The team at Wyboston Lakes Health & Leisure Club got on their bikes for BBC’s Children In Need on Friday 14th November, as well as hosting a bake sale to raise funds for the charity. Staff and members at the centre got together to cycle for an impressive eight hours non-stop throughout the day! During […]
One month, one stone, one hundred pounds raised for Sport Relief
Nigel Ingle, 51, has completed a weight loss challenge at Wyboston Lakes Health and Leisure Centre to raise money for Sport Relief and has so far raised £100 for the charity!
- After reaching out to the members of Wyboston Lakes on Facebook, Nigel set him self a challenge to lose one stone in one month
- Nigel completed his challenge by using the great facilities and classes available at Wyboston Lakes including circuit training, indoor cycling and treadmill treks
- Nigel was also able to track his achievements using the MYZONE system, which offered him a detailed breakdown of how well he was doing
- Should he have failed to complete the challenge, Nigel decided he would donate 10% of the money raised from his own pocket
- From members alone Nigel has raised over £100 and is currently collecting other sponsorship
- For more information about Sport Relief please visit: http://www.sportrelief.com/
- For more information about Wyboston Health and Leisure club, please visit http://www.wybostonlakes.co.uk/
I am so happy to have raised so much money for Sport Relief and I am even happier that there are still donations coming in. The support I have received from friends, family and the staff at the centre really motivated me to keep going.
Jonny Queen, Contract Manager at Wyboston Lakes, commented:
Nigel has done amazingly well to complete his weight loss challenge. He worked really hard and to lose a stone in just month is an incredible achievement. Challenges like this one are never easy, and Nigel has been a real inspiration to all the other members at the centre! Well done Nigel!