The team at Wyboston Lakes Health & Leisure Club got on their bikes for BBC’s Children In Need on Friday 14th November, as well as hosting a bake sale to raise funds for the charity. Staff and members at the centre got together to cycle for an impressive eight hours non-stop throughout the day! During […]
Local fitness team to undertake dragon boat race for Scope
On Saturday 9th August a team from Wybosoton Lakes Health and Leisure Club will be entering the St Neots Dragon Boat Race to raise much needed funds for Scope, the charity dedicated to supporting disabled people and their families.
- The team, which will comprise 13 members, will compete in three 200-metre races in a 30-foot dragon boat against a total of 20-30 other teams from the local area
- The team has already donated £350 to take part in the event and each crewmember has been set a personal goal to raise an extra £50
- To promote healthy living in the local community, the team will also be manning a stall at the event, handing out 1Life freebies and offering free fitness tips and information
- For more information about the race please visit: http://www.stneots-tc.gov.uk/st-neots-dragon-boat-race-and-summer-festival-2014-3/
- For more information about 1Life please visit: www.1life.co.uk
- For more information please visit: www.wybostonlakeshealthandleisure.co.uk/ or call Wyboston Lakes Health and Leisure Centre on 01480 403233
Jonny Queen, Contract Manager at Wybosoton Lakes Health and Leisure Club, commented:
Our 13 strong team is very excited to be taking part in the dragon boat race which is part of the St Neots Summer Festival and is watched by thousands of people. We are also looking forward to speaking with members of the local community about how they can improve their health and fitness.
Scope do amazing work to support disabled people and their families in the UK and we hope to do the charity proud with our performance and raise as much money as possible for them.