A report released today by Workfront ®, the first modern work management application platform, finds that while a majority of workers say their workplace regularly asks them to innovate, a full 65 per cent say they’re so swamped with day-to-day work that they don’t have time to think about the future. And this work is important […]
Make Your Work Matter: Workfront launches powerful ebook to disrupt Britain’s workers
Workfront®, the leading provider of cloud-based enterprise work management solutions, today published its new ebook ‘Make Your Work Matter’ which looks to challenge the way the UK looks at the work week. With chapters drafted by thought leaders within the business world, the book explores how modern day workers can navigate new technologies to remain attentive, motivated, and increase their overall productivity.
Make Your Work Matter: 7 Thought Leaders on Why Work Isn’t Working For You and How You Can Change It’, digs into the fascinating history of the modern workplace, addresses some of the causes of underperformance, challenges conventional wisdom, and provides actionable solutions for today’s workers, as well as provides much needed insight for managers.
Workfront set out to create the ebook following findings from its research that too many qualified, talented individuals find themselves underperforming at work, often due to archaic routines, processes, and tools. The ebook’s central objective is to demonstrate that the ‘typical’ working life of constant overtime can be overhauled and workers can reclaim their productivity and effectiveness within a standard 40-hour week.
Alex Shootman, CEO of Workfront commented:
“We’ve brought together some of the best minds in the industry to create a knowledge tool that is not just insightful, but most importantly, practical. A lot of the content here pushes against today’s norms and customs and forces the reader to think about the purpose of work in a new way. We hope this ebook invigorates all who read it and inspires them to change their work life for the better.”
The ebook’s chapters include:
- Time is No Longer Money by business psychologist Tony Crabbe who argues that we should be moving toward a model of managing and measuring attention instead of time.
- Data-Driven Management Depends on Identifying the RIGHT Data by Chris Savoie, Director of Product Strategy at Workfront, reveals an exhortation to managers to sift through the ‘noise’ and identify data that can lead to real change.
- Work Smarter- not Harder- to Greater Positivity and Success by Raj Raghunathan, Professor of Marketing at University of Texas, Austin, explores the link between positivity and productivity and posits that employees should be encouraged to spend no more than 40 hours a week at work.
- The 8 Dos and Don’ts of Change Management by Jada Balster, Director of Marketing, EMEA, at Workfront, discloses a practical guide to navigate change and emerge successful.
- Your Office is Annihilating Your Productivity: 5 Ways to Stop It by Amanda Schneider & Suzanne Maynard from Contract Consulting Group contemplates if the very design of the workplace and tools we use are responsible for lacklustre productivity.
- My Life Out in the Open: How ‘Open Workspaces’ Stink and What I Did to Win Breaking with conventional wisdom, Chris Brogan, CEO of Owner Media Group and a New York Times bestselling author, takes a critical look at the open plan office and offers solutions to maintain productivity amidst distractions.
- Why Change Initiatives in the Workplace Fail by business psychologist Dr Craig Knight examines the complex structures that stifle true progress in many companies.
You can download the full Workfront ebook ‘Make Your Work Matter: 7 Thought Leaders on Why Work Isn’t Working For You and How You Can Change It’ here.
Interviews available on request.