A report released today by Workfront ®, the first modern work management application platform, finds that while a majority of workers say their workplace regularly asks them to innovate, a full 65 per cent say they’re so swamped with day-to-day work that they don’t have time to think about the future. And this work is important […]
Death of printers and email? Workfront study shows how the office will change in 5 years
Casual wear, no printers or desks and lots of video calls; these are some of the changes that British workers think will come to define the modern office in the next 5 years.
These findings are included in Workfront’s annual State of Enterprise Work report which aims to capture not only how work is being done and what challenges office workers see in the present, but also how they see current workplace trends playing out in the near future. The comprehensive report comes on the back of a survey of 2,000 office workers in the UK.
When asked Looking ahead 5 years, what will be different in the office?
- 61% answered: Video conference calls will enable remote working
- 53% answered: Dress codes will become more relaxed
- 49% answered: Assigned desk space will be a thing of the past
- 48% answered: Mobile phones will become your mobile office
- 35% answered: Social media will become a major work tool
- 30% answered: Collaboration software will eliminate most conference calls
- 28% answered: Printers will be obsolete because everything will be digital
- 22% answered: Email will no longer be used as a primary collaboration tool
- 8% answered Cursing or foul language will become accepted
Workfront, is the leading provider of cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solutions. To view the full report and to learn more about Workfront, visit: [https://www.workfront.com/stateofenterpriseuk]