Repairs can be a point of frustration for homeowners and tradesmen alike – waiting for walls to dry means work can take days to be completed. With this in mind, Dunlop, specialist manufacturer of adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, has developed Rapid Repair Mortar with Hydroloc™ It is an innovative new product for filling […]
Staying smooth – Dunlop Adhesives’ self-smoothing floor levellers stay at the top of their game
Dunlop Adhesives has proved to be a smooth mover this month as the specialist manufacturer of tile adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products celebrates the continued success of its range of floor levellers, exactly three years after the launch. Providing low shrinkage, consistent flow, self healing and a high bond strength, the range of levellers stands proud amongst competing products which showed signs of curling overnight during the drying process. The curling continued to develop 1-2 weeks after being laid.
- Dunlop’s levellers are based on tried and tested cement technology.
- Their structure ensures a lower level of stress and delivers the same flow rate across a 15 minute time period after mixing.
- The range also offers reduced trowel marks resulting in an improved finish, and enhanced surface adherence, Dunlop Adhesives has once again proved that its 10 year guarantee leaves customers with the ultimate peace of mind by working continually on product development and rigorously testing new products before they’re allowed to leave the labs.
- With a series of levelling compounds in its preparation range, all Dunlop Adhesives’ products are protein free, suitable for internal floors, contain built-in polymers and are available in 20KG bags.
The range includes:
- The Thick Bed Floor Leveller: Used to level internal floors in dry areas prior to the application of decorative surface flooring. As this product can be applied to a depth of 50mm, it is particularly suitable for extremely uneven floors. The leveller can be used on common building substrates including concrete, sand:cement screeds, flooring grade asphalt and floors with underfloor heating. Where soft flooring is to be applied, the surface of the Thick Bed Floor Leveller should be smoothed using the Premium Floor Leveller or Fast Set Floor Levelling Compound.
- The Premium Floor Leveller: Used to level interior floors prior to laying sheet and tile soft floor coverings, natural stone and unglazed ceramic tiles. Suitable for use on a wide range of absorbent and non-absorbent floor surfaces including concrete, cement: sand screeds, terrazzo, asphalt, quarry tiles and old but sound adhesive residues. Lay at depths from a feather edge up to 5mm and from 5mm-20mm with the addition of 3mm granite chip pings.
- The Fast Set Floor Levelling Compound: Used to level internal floors in dry areas prior to the application of unglazed ceramic tiles, laminates or carpets. This formula sets in less than half the time of the other Dunlop floor levellers, accepting foot traffic within 90mins, ceramic tiles within 2-3 hours and soft coverings within 24 hours. Suitable for use on a wide range of absorbent and non-absorbent floor surfaces including concrete, cement: sand screeds, terrazzo, asphalt and quarry tiles.
- The Smoothing & Levelling Compound: Used to level interior floors in dry areas prior to the application of decorative floor coverings. Suitable for use on a wide range of common building surfaces including concrete, cement: sand screeds and most other rigid mineral bases.
Debi Baily, Brand Manager at Dunlop Adhesives, commented:
When we initially launched the range of floor levellers we invested in some competitor analysis, which allowed us to test the competing products on the market; it’s safe to say the Dunlop range withstood the test due to our in-house protocols and quality assurance levels. More importantly, all products within the range contain a built-in polymer formulation, which in turn delivers a consistent flow rate. In addition the products have the convenience of a single part application resulting in reduced packaging. We’re delighted the product range has stood the test of time and feel confident that the range will continue to smooth the trade in years to come.