The limited-time deal offers a 50% discount to those needing some precious ‘me time’ post pandemic Nearly three quarters (67%) of Brits living with a flatmate, partner or family member, are ‘so done’ with their cohabiters after months of lockdown together Untidiness (44%) hogging the TV (25%), using annoying catchphrases (21%) and having no […]
Over 2,700 people get major-ly muddy in award winning Yorkshire challenge
Over 2,700 people from across the country headed to Bramham Park near Leeds at the weekend to compete in the award winning Major Series obstacle course. The Royal British Legion Major Series, hosted by British Military Fitness (BMF), took place on Sunday 20th March, with challengers testing themselves over 10km and 5km distances.
- The Royal British Legion Major Series welcomed participants of all abilities to take on the range of military zones, featuring up to 30 of the Major’s famous obstacles
- This included mud crawls, cargo nets and a vanishing bridge, as well as brand new obstacles for 2016 including a giant MOMA porridge pot and a burning building. Over 40 BMF troops were also on hand to help and encourage the runners around the course
- This year also saw The Royal British Legion joining the race for the first time as official charity partner, and the Leeds event saw many participants taking part to raise money for the charity
- With the Legion aiming to raise £250,000 in 2016, The Royal British Legion Major Series is helping the charity to continue providing vital support to former and currently serving military personnel and their families
- The Royal British Legion Major Series will be returning to Bramham Park on the 16th October 2016. To find out more information and register your interest, please visit http://www.majorseries.com
Michaela Brice, Events Manager at The Royal British Legion Major Series, commented:
It was fantastic to be at The Royal British Legion Major Series at Bramham Park this weekend and to see so many muddy faces crossing the finish line! Our participant numbers are growing every year, and it’s great to see more and more people getting the confidence to try events such as ours. This year we have enhanced the event, using special effects to bring our new military zones to life, ensuring that The Royal British Legion Major Series is truly an event like no other. What’s more, the 5km and 10km distance options make the course perfect for beginners and experts alike. There’s such a friendly atmosphere to the event and we hope to see even more people getting involved in the event later this year and having the time of their life!
One participant, Matt Winslow, commented:
Awesome day – loved every minute! Brilliant course and very well organised. Thanks to all involved!
Charles Byrne, Director of Fundraising at The Royal British Legion, said:
We hope everyone who took part in The Royal British Legion’s Major Series enjoyed the day and thanks to all those who fundraised for the Legion. Their valiant efforts will help members of the Armed Forces community, from serving personnel, veterans and their families live on to a more hopeful future. We’re looking forward to coming back to Bramham Park in October for the Autumn series.