Stoke Mandeville Stadium in Aylesbury will be hosting a summer activity camp to encourage local children to get fit and healthy. The camp will offer a wide range of activates which will provide hours of fun for children of all abilities and will start on 28th July and run until 3rd September.
1Life raises over £11,000 for life-enhancing charity
- The team set about raising money in many different ways including a mass climb of the highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales where 27 employees from St Crispin’s took part in the hike that lasted for 24 hours
- The centre also put on various other activities to raise money for WheelPower such as Body Training Systems (BTS) launches and collection boxes at the centre
- WheelPower is the national organisation and registered charity for Wheelchair Sport
- WheelPower organise a variety of regional, national and international competitions and training events for athletes of all abilities
- For more information on Stoke Mandeville Stadium, please visit: http://www.stokemandevillestadium.co.uk or call 01296 484848
Ian Seabrook, contract manager at Stoke Mandeville Stadium, commented:
We are delighted to continue to support WheelPower as our nominated charity. The team is committed to raising funds by completing challenges together and everyone puts in a fantastic performance to help raise money to support disabled adults and children across the country.
Martin McElhatton, WheelPower Chief Executive commented:
It is fantastic that staff and members from Stoke Mandeville Stadium have raised this money to support WheelPower. Sport plays a vital role in transforming lives and thanks to the generosity of our fundraisers, WheelPower is able to provide equipment, facilities and sporting opportunities for disabled people.