Novotel boosts family offering with fun-filled mid-summer launches With schools out for summer and many little ones setting off on holidays for the first time, Novotel has rolled-out new fun-filled initiatives to help families maximise time together. From toy chests to personalised adventures, the name of the game is letting kids’ and parents’ imagination run wild […]
Novotel York Centre launches 22 new rooms and suites as part of £6m expansion and redesign
Today, Novotel York Centre is announcing the opening of 16 Deluxe Rooms and 6 Junior Suites. The openings form part of the hotel’s extensive expansion and renovation which is set to be completed in the summer. The new rooms and suites are set in a 2,500 square feet extension to the hotel and include views overlooking the River Foss.
- The six Junior Suites feature a master bedroom and a separate living room, providing comfort to families or travellers looking for a more generous environment.
- The Junior Suites are well appointed with queen-size bed in the bedroom, a sofa bed in the living room, coffee machine, working desk, bathrobe and premier bathroom amenities with three different shower modes.
- The sixteen deluxe rooms are perfect for families, couples and solo travellers and come well-appointed with a chaise longue and a queen-size bed, 55-inch TV, USB ports and mini fridge.
- Built on what used to be a glassmaking factory, work on the hotel extension had to be paused briefly last year when a World War II air raid shelter was discovered during excavations.
- Work on the refurbishment of the hotel’s bar and restaurant is underway, with a re-opening set for May along with a new menu.
- The restaurant refurbishment includes a terrace overlooking the river, perfect for summer weddings. In the summer, the hotel plans to unveil the renovated lobby area and a revamped conference space equipped with over £80,000 worth of new communications technology.
- Situated close to the historical City walls, the hotel is perfectly located for exploring the countless cultural offerings the city has to offer. The recent openings bring the total number of rooms to 146.
Kai Ikulayo, General Manager of Novotel York Centre:
“Last year, York was the second most visited city in the UK outside London. Its popularity keeps growing year on year as tourists look for staycations and destination holidays. This extension is part of our plan to meet the heightened demand from domestic and overseas visitors. We want to offer the ultimate in comfort to all who visit York and this extension and refurbishment will help us do just that.”
The full press release and hi-res images are available for download below.