Study reveals a quarter of parents rarely read to their kids before bed Novotel is giving parents the chance to give their kids the ultimate bedtime story experience to champion the ritual 10th October 2019 – Screen time is fast-becoming the new story time when it comes to sending kids to sleep, reveals new research […]
Rest Easy: Novotel teams up with Calm to provide better sleep and mindfulness for guests
Novotel today announced it will be partnering with Calm, the number 1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation to give its guests an even more restful and relaxing stay at its hotels.
Guests staying in Executive and Family rooms at 13 Novotel hotels in London will be given 30-day complimentary access to Calm premium in their room.
- This partnership follows a study from Novotel which shows at 78% of people have the feeling that living life at full speed could lead to burn out and 70% admit to needing to take time by themselves.
- Calm has also conducted research that shows parents will go to absurd lengths to get their children to sleep, including running a vacuum cleaner in the same room as the child, or getting the child to listen to an hour-long recording of people yawning.
- Called the “world’s happiest app” and with over 50 million downloads, Calm provides unique audio and visual content that tackles stress, anxiety, insomnia and depression.
- Calm contains over 120 bedtime stories for grown-ups called ‘Sleep Stories’, as well as sleep music, meditation lessons, nature sounds and videos.
- The most popular feature on Calm is a 10-minute meditation called ‘The Daily Calm,’ that explores a new mindful theme and inspiring concept each day.
- A ‘good night’s sleep’ has always been a priority at Novotel. Last year, it introduced the ‘Live N Dream’ bed, a sustainably designed bed system with 2 smart pillows for feathery soft and gentle neck support, and articulated mattress support with an exceptional capacity for motion-absorption.
- In April, Novotel unveiled a global campaign celebrating the message that ‘Time is on Your Side’. The campaign underscored the importance of spending time well and making every moment matter, whether that is to disconnect and relax or to connect and socialise.
James Wheatcroft, VP Marketing Northern Europe at Accor, said:
“Calm’s mission to make the world happier and healthier aligns perfectly with Novotel’s goal of ensuring guests take the time to unwind during their stay with us.
We know that business trips can be quite stressful, and for children, unfamiliar surroundings can affect their ability to go to sleep, that’s why we’re giving these guests a helping hand with the Calm app. At Novotel, we want every stay with us to be a chance to refresh, reset and feel good.”
Alex Will, Chief Strategy Officer at Calm added:
“The benefits of restful sleep, meditation and mindfulness cannot be underestimated. In today’s increasingly fast-paced world, it’s imperative to decompress after a long day. Whether travelling for business or with family, we’re glad Novotel guests will be able to take a deep breath with Calm.”
Novotel’s partnership with Calm will run as a 4-week pilot from 1 June at the following Novotel hotels:
- Novotel London Waterloo
- Novotel London Blackfriars
- Novotel London City South
- Novotel London Tower Bridge
- Novotel London Paddington
- Novotel London West
- Novotel London Canary Wharf
- Novotel London Greenwich
- Novotel London Excel
- Novotel London Brentford
- Novotel London Heathrow Airport T1 T2 and T3
- Novotel London Heathrow Airport – M4 Jct 4
- Novotel London Stansted Airport
With Novotel, Accor offers every guest the freedom to fully enjoy their stay
Novotel Hotels, Suites & Resorts provide a multi-service offer for both business and leisure guests, with spacious, modular rooms, 24/7 catering offers with balanced meals, meeting rooms, attentive and proactive staff, kid areas, a multi-purpose lobby and fitness centers. Through PLANET 21, Accor’s sustainable development program, Novotel commits to Man and the Planet. Novotel has over 520 hotels and resorts in 60 countries, ideally located in the heart of major international cities, business districts and tourist destinations.
Accor is a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in 4,800 hotels, resorts and residences, as well as in over 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.
Accor is a world-leading augmented hospitality group offering unique and meaningful experiences in 4,800 hotels, resorts, and residences across 100 countries. With an unrivalled portfolio of brands from luxury to economy, Accor has been providing hospitality savoir-faire for more than 50 years.
Beyond accommodations, Accor enables new ways to live, work, and play with food & beverage, nightlife, wellbeing, and coworking brands. To drive business performance, Accor’s portfolio of business accelerators amplify hospitality distribution, operations, and experience. Guests have access to one of the world’s most attractive hotel loyalty programs—Le Club AccorHotels
Accor is deeply committed to sustainable value creation, and plays an active role in giving back to planet and community. Planet 21 – Acting Here endeavours to act for positive hospitality, while Accor Solidarity, the endowment fund, empowers disadvantaged groups through professional training and access to employment.
Accor SA is publicly listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN code: FR0000120404) and on the OTC Market (Ticker: ACRFY) in the United States. For more information visit accor.com. Or become a fan and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Calm is a leading global health and wellness brand with the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation., The company is on a mission to make the world happier and healthier. With hundreds of hours of original audio content, the Calm app helps users cope with some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age including anxiety, stress and insomnia. Apple’s 2017 iPhone App of the Year and Inc’s 19th fastest growing company boasts over 50 million downloads to date, averaging 100,000 new users daily.