Antony Bennett Executive Chef at La Tasca won the Development Chef Award at the Craft Guild of Chefs annual awards dinner on Park Lane last night for his work in revolutionising the chain’s food offer. La Tasca was the only casual dining winner amongst the who’s who of the culinary World. Quotations CEO Simon Wilkinson […]
Discover, Scotland urges La Tasca.
Spanish restaurant delivers party political manifesto to create a healthier, happier Scotland
As Scotland heads to the polls to vote for it’s political future, award-winning Spanish tapas bar and restaurant, La Tasca, is heralding a brave new world of fresh food and fusion as part of its party political manifesto Discover, Scotland.
In its open letter to the people of Scotland, the popular high-street eatery is urging Scots to take inspiration from the Mediterranean/Spanish culture of sharing to explore new tastes, new hobbies and discover, Scotland.
- The restaurant has pledged to lead Scots on a voyage of exploration from exciting Spanish cuisine made with fresh ingredients to renowned Salsa classes. Its key policies focus on providing Scots with options such as healthier gluten-free dishes and low-ABV beverages in order to tackle the country’s difficult relationship with food and drink.
- It’s calling for restaurants, bars and retailers to spend less time fighting anti-happy hour promotions and instead focus on providing good quality low and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Similarly, it’s dismissing proposals recommended by other parties for mandatory salad bars to tackle Scotland’s nutritional deficit, instead arguing that more great-tasting low calorie options should be made available, alongside standard dishes.
- Under new leadership, La Tasca recently committed to using greater quality produce, guaranteeing that all of its dishes are 85% fresh. As part of the campaign trail, La Tasca has created a party political broadcast video, shot in its Edinburgh branch, showing how Spanish and Scottish traditions can come together to enrich Scottish culture further.
- On polling day (7th May), La Tasca Scotland will be offering a special Manifesto Menu consisting of dishes from its award-winning gluten free menu and a low-ABV beverage for the special price of £9.95 per person.
- To encourage people to experience new flavours, the restaurant chain will also be offering a free portion of its Paella Valenciana, which will be cooked fresh throughout the day in all of its Scotland branches.
- The authentic paella is derived from Spain and is made using saffron-infused rice, succulent chicken breast, large mussels, juicy king prawns and squid.
Rick Houston, La Tasca Scotland spokesperson, commented:
We are not a party of political soundbites, we’re bringing the party, fully loaded with tasty, even fresher Spanish bites that promote important conversation, better relationships and a healthier, happier Scotland. We’re encouraging fusion and fun, a coming together of cultures to bring new experiences, better understanding and greater respect. The time has come to discover, Scotland. Embrace it!