Kopparberg responds to wave of demand for Raspberry variant with permanent product listing The humble raspberry is now becoming as popular as the mighty strawberry with British taste buds, which can be seen through independent Swedish cider brand, Kopparberg, who is bringing Kopparberg Raspberry out of hibernation to make it a permanent member of its […]
Shh: Kopparberg launches nationwide #happenings competition but keeps prize under wraps
Swedish cider brand Kopparberg, has today unveiled a cryptic nationwide competition via its social media profiles, but is keeping the prize a secret until the day the winner receives it. Dubbed #happenings, Kopparberg is asking their fans to tell them why they want something to ‘happen’ – with the most intriguing response selected as the winner.
The competition is part of a campaign from the cider brand to support its more eclectic variants; Elderflower & Lime 4.0% and Cloudberry 4.0%. With distinctive taste profiles, the Kopparberg Eclectics and their unique perfect serves encourage people to break the mould and try something different, and the #happenings will amplify just that.
- Using the hashtag ‘#happenings’ the competition invites people to tweet @KopparbergUK and tell the brand ‘why I want something to happen here’, with the directions to keep the evening of June 5th free.
- The first round will take place in London, followed by Manchester and Glasgow over the next six weeks.
- The brand is open to any form of entry and is encouraging people to be as creative as possible in order to win; Twitter, Facebook and Instagram will all accept entries.
- Follow the competition in real-time via the hashtag #happenings or head over to their Twitter & Facebook pages for updates.
- The public have until June 4th. Make it happen.
Head of marketing at Kopparberg, Rob Calder commented:
“This summer will see a dramatic shift in our PR activity and #happenings is a signal of things to come, as our social channels become more integrated with our PR activity.”
“We’re keeping schtum about what the winner gets, but it will be something to remember.”
“We want our fans to have fun with this. Whether it is just a tweet, a picture or video, we want to see people doing something different as they will definitely win something different.”
Product Tasting Notes:
KOPPARBERG WITH ELDERFLOWER & LIME 4.0%
With a light and floral taste and the extra zing from a hefty squeeze of lime, Kopparberg Elderflower & Lime Cider is a secret worth discovering. Pour over chunks of ice and enjoy with a thin slice of cucumber…or strawberry for that sweeter taste.
KOPPARBERG WITH CLOUDBERRY 4.0%
A berry that’s named after a cloud? Cloudberries are a rare Nordic berry and bursting with a unique flavour they make the taste of Kopparberg Cloudberry Cider more tart than sweet. Drink it with a thick wedge of pink grapefruit and pour over ice for the perfect serve.
Kopparberg is the leading fruit cider brand in the UK with latest research from Nielsen stating that we have grown by 53.3% MAT (volume) and CGA reporting Kopparberg growing at 24% MAT (volume), confirming its position as the UK On-Trade’s leading packaged cider brand.