Gumtree.com, the UK’s largest classifieds website has recruited Matt Button to its growing team in the newly created role of Head of CRM. Button will work with the Gumtree marketing team and its agencies to devise and deliver a CRM strategy that acquires, nurtures, engages and retains customers across all its categories. The CRM strategy […]
New-look Gumtree sets sights on becoming Britain’s number #1 digital brand
Gumtree set to offer a better experience and more opportunities than ever in 2016
Gumtree, the UK’s largest classifieds website, which connects over 15.3 million customers every month*, today reveals a major rebranding campaign with the launch of a new logo, brand identity, tone of voice and huge improvements across its mobile and desktop channels.
Customers will notice a refreshed homepage and a new cleaner app with even better functionality. Changes include:
- new 24-hour customer support through live chat, email and @helpmegumtree, a Twitter account set up purely to help customers
- an easier way to search that means customers can find more items based on their location
- a simpler mobile app that lets customers post ads quicker
- improved messaging notifications that help users place their ads and manage responses even easier
It starts here.
The new identity is just the start as Gumtree launches a new series of TV ads, radio and outdoor and digital campaigns later this month which everyone will be able to watch for the first time on TV nationwide from Monday 18th January.
Another key focus for the Gumtree Customer Safety team will be looking at ways to ensure customers know how to access safety guides and tips easily on the site with its improved website functionality.
Gumtree in facts and figures:
Gumtree is currently the UK’s #1 classifieds website with over 15.3 million unique visitors every month. It averages over 1.8 million items across the site every day. In 2015, Gumtree:
- Featured over 250,000 jobs*
- Had nearly 6 million cars for sale*
- Offered customers over 300,000 pieces of office furniture throughout the year*
- Had almost 10,000 different wedding services on offer*
- Facilitated over 750,000 property rentals and sales in 2015*
- Featured over 300,000 TV’s for sale*
Morten Heuing, Gumtree’s General Manager, says:
“Gumtree is more than just a service – it’s a community. And that community can now benefit from a much better online experience. We’ve worked hard to make sure our new look and feel, improved functionality and user experience, help people get the most out of Gumtree. To keep up the momentum, we’ve set ourselves a target of having every adult in the UK who uses the internet to be using Gumtree.”
* all stats according to Gumtree’s own audited figures for 2015.
View the re-brand video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjwGhW3NuHg
To download the full press release and shiny new logo – click on the gallery below.