Repairs can be a point of frustration for homeowners and tradesmen alike – waiting for walls to dry means work can take days to be completed. With this in mind, Dunlop, specialist manufacturer of adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, has developed Rapid Repair Mortar with Hydroloc™ It is an innovative new product for filling […]
Building Adhesives succeeds in the Three Peaks Challenge
After setting itself one of the UK’s ultimate endurance tests, the National Three Peaks Challenge, Building Adhesives, the parent company of Dunlop Adhesives and Building Adhesives Limited (BAL), successfully completed the 24 hour challenge on July 10th, raising an astonishing £10,000 for its local charity, the Donna Louise Trust.
- Trekking to the top of the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales in an amazing 24 hours, what started as a little friendly competition amongst 17 members of the Building Adhesives team, turned into a great team building challenge
- The group began with a drive in the early hours from Stoke-on-Trent to start the day with the ascent of Ben Nevis (1344m), before travelling to the Lake District and climbing Scafell Pike (978m) through the night – with only a head torch for light
- They then had a midday trek up the final mountain, Snowdon (1085m), to complete the challenge in a phenomenal 24 hours with the final team member crossing the finishing line with a cool 30 seconds to spare
- The Donna Louise Trust is a children’s hospice service within Staffordshire and South Cheshire for the core purpose of providing respite and end of life care for children with life threatening conditions
- The hospice currently has six beds and is open Monday to Saturday, 24 hours a day
- Its ultimate aim is to secure sufficient funding to open eight beds, 24 hours a day, seven days a week costing on average £160,000 a month
David O’Neill Managing Director of Building Adhesives, said:
We’re absolutely delighted with the work and commitment that these 17 members of staff have put in, as well as to everyone who has donated so generously to the Donna Louise Trust. It’s events like this that truly show what great community spirit people have and we hope that the money raised will go a long way in continuing the incredible support that the charity gives to the children and the families that need it in such tough times.