Repairs can be a point of frustration for homeowners and tradesmen alike – waiting for walls to dry means work can take days to be completed. With this in mind, Dunlop, specialist manufacturer of adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, has developed Rapid Repair Mortar with Hydroloc™ It is an innovative new product for filling […]
Dunlop takes on the Three Peaks Challenge!
Building Adhesives, the parent company of Dunlop Adhesives and BAL, has this month pledged to take on one of the UK’s ultimate endurance tests, the Three Peaks Challenge, all in the name of charity. Trekking to the top of the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales in an astonishing 24 hours, the company will be looking to raise money and awareness of the Donna Louise Trust, as well as inject a little friendly competition amongst employees on July 9th.
- The group will begin with a drive to Ben Nevis in the early hours to start the morning with the ascent of Ben Nevis (1344m), before travelling to the Lake District and climbing Scafell Pike (978m) through the night – with only a head torch for light
- They’ll then have an early morning trek up the final mountain, Snowdon (1085m), to complete the challenge in a phenomenal 24 hours
- The Donna Louise Trust is a children’s hospice service within Staffordshire and South Cheshire for the core purpose of providing respite and end of life care for children with life threatening conditions
- The hospice currently has six beds and is open Monday to Saturday, 24 hours a day
- Its ultimate aim is to secure sufficient funding to open eight beds, 24 hours a day, seven days a week costing on average £160,000 a month
- Building Adhesives is hoping that its fundraising trek will help edge the hospice closer to achieving its goal
For those wishing to make a donation, payment can either be made through the Just Giving site, www.justgiving.com/Buildingadhesives or a cheque can be sent to Building Adhesives at ‘Building Adhesives Ltd, Longton Road, Trentham, Stoke on Trent, ST4 8JB’ and made out to “The Donna Louise Children’s Hospice Trust”. The envelope should be marked for the attention of Miss J Deegan, “3 peaks challenge”.
David O’Neill Managing Director of Building Adhesives, said:
We are delighted to be taking part in such a wonderful event to raise money for such an honourable charity. The Donna Louise Trust relies heavily on charitable donations to be able to provide such an invaluable service to families in Staffordshire. Supporting the local community is very important to us and the Three Peaks Challenge is a real test of our commitment to this.