Repairs can be a point of frustration for homeowners and tradesmen alike – waiting for walls to dry means work can take days to be completed. With this in mind, Dunlop, specialist manufacturer of adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, has developed Rapid Repair Mortar with Hydroloc™ It is an innovative new product for filling […]
Dunlop helps men DIY with the launch of new tiling courses
With one in nine women preferring a man who can do DIY to one who’s good between the sheets, more and more men are being expected to have a handy side as well as juggle their everyday job. With building a shelf even suggested as a New Year’s Resolution, Dunlop Adhesives is launching two new courses to teach the basics of tiling and help men far and wide earn their brownie points this year!
- As times are tough for the traditional tradesman and with the appetite for learning a new skill on the up, the specialist manufacturer of tile adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, is launching two new courses
- Not only sharing its trade expertise with those in the trade who are looking to expand on their skill set, Dunlop will also be sharing some tricks of the trade with everyday DIYers who are looking to do more around the house
- The two new courses, one for DIY enthusiasts, and one for the trade, will be tailored to their individual audiences and will cover the following: knowing your tile type, knowing which adhesive to use for different tile types, how to use your trowel for optimum results, how to mix your adhesive, tanking, setting out, using rapid setting adhesive, using the correct tile cutter, laying tiles and using silicone to absorb movement
- Costing just £150, the two-day course is set to equip tiling enthusiasts for their first big job
- What’s more, Dunlop has three places on its DIY course and three on its trade course to give away and is encouraging those interested to tweet @DunlopAdhesives, email Dunlop@manifestcomms.co.uk or write in and let the team know why they deserve to brush up on their tiling skills
Debi Bailey, Brand Manager for Dunlop Adhesives, comments:
As fewer people stick to their goals of shedding the pounds and hitting the gym each year, more and more people are opting to enhance their DIY skills. And this goes for tradesmen too – a skilled roofer might want to brush up on his tiling skills, and an experienced plumber might want to offer his customers an additional service. Whether adapting to the climate or becoming a bit handier around the house, learning a new skill is a great way to start the New Year.