Repairs can be a point of frustration for homeowners and tradesmen alike – waiting for walls to dry means work can take days to be completed. With this in mind, Dunlop, specialist manufacturer of adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, has developed Rapid Repair Mortar with Hydroloc™ It is an innovative new product for filling […]
Dunlop spring cleans into action with its Microban sealants range
Dunlop Adhesives, the specialist manufacturer of tile adhesives, grouts, finishing, and ancillary products, is helping builders’ merchants across the UK add the finishing touches to their spring shelf displays this March with its Microban® sealants range.
- Anticipating that homeowners will be spring-cleaning their homes, Dunlop’s very own Professor Dunlop is striking back against mould, mildew and germs by continuing to work in partnership with Microban
- Together, the two have produced an innovative range of sealants including a ‘Silicone Sealant with Microban’ and ‘Cleen-A-Grout with Microban’
- Both of which give the grouted or sealant protected surfaces unbeatable protection against black mould as well as bacteria such as E.coli
- This makes these particular products ideal for humid environments like kitchens, bathrooms and wetrooms
- The Silicone Sealant with Microban has antibacterial protection built in to last the life of the product and protects by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, mould and mildew
- It is available in top selling white, ivory and grey to match customers’ décor and ideal for interior and exterior gap filling and joint sealing around showers, baths, sinks and worktops
- Cleen-A-Grout with Microban is ideal for restoring grout
- The sponge applicator ensures fast and easy application with a professional smooth finish
- Microban® is a registered trademark of Microban Products Company
Debi Bailey, Brand Manager for Dunlop Adhesives explained:
The Microban range is designed to provide a professional tiled finish and to protect tile joints from harmful bacteria as well as mould and mildew, giving tradesmen an added value product which does two tasks in one job.
She continued: In the right conditions bacteria can double in number every twenty minutes and in half a day 1 bacterium can multiply into 1 million, which is why we’ve teamed up with Microban. Its technology guarantees long-lasting protection, continuously working to prevent the growth of bacteria throughout the entire life cycle of the product.