Repairs can be a point of frustration for homeowners and tradesmen alike – waiting for walls to dry means work can take days to be completed. With this in mind, Dunlop, specialist manufacturer of adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, has developed Rapid Repair Mortar with Hydroloc™ It is an innovative new product for filling […]
Dunlop Adhesives launches new and improved shower kit due to rise in customer demand
Having launched its Shower Waterproofing Kit several years ago, Dunlop Adhesives, specialist manufacturer of tile adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, has revisited the kit’s innovative design due to an increase in demand for larger and more sophisticated shower areas
- The new kit features a host of new benefits, including increased coverage, a new and improved formula and the ability to tank the floor areas as well as the wall area.
- This allows the professional to waterproof a shower area, wet room or walk in shower area in a quick, easy and simple way.
- The launch of the new Shower Waterproofing Kit coincides with the increase in popularity for wet rooms and walk in showers, which have soared recently due to the significant uptake in the installation of en-suites and the increase in the number of smaller homes, driving the need to utilise space more effectively.
- Designed for any area where continued exposure to water may cause damage, the kit fully waterproofs the substrate behind the tiles to prevent water from penetrating through the substrate up to 1.5metres high in a two-walled shower unit or 1metre high in a three-walled shower unit.
- As a result the kit prevents water saturating the whole area, reducing the risk of unsightly black mould forming, and drastically reducing the risk of more serious issues such as floor collapse and weakening of floorboards and other surfaces vulnerable to corrosion.
- Available from stockists nationwide, the kit provides an ideal waterproofing system for showers, wetrooms, kitchens and utility rooms to prevent damaging leaks and leave tradesmen and their customers with the ultimate peace of mind.
- As with all Dunlop Adhesives’ products, the kit is also supported by a 10-year guarantee and, with a tanking matt included within the package, users can also tank and waterproof areas without the need of a shower tray.
- So confident the kit does what it says on the tin, Dunlop has designed in-store POS in the form of fully waterproofed cardboard boxes to prove its watertight properties.
Offering complete peace of mind in three simple and easy steps, the innovative new Shower Waterproofing Kit:
- Primes – Using a paintbrush, all tradesmen need do is apply the primer to clean and dry floors and walls, up to about 1metre high, depending on the area being waterproofed, and leave until touch dry.
- Seals – Once primed, a layer of Waterproof Coating is applied to all corners, joints, cracks and floor junctions; where a shower tray is not being used the entire floor area needs to be covered. The tape should then be cut to the required length and pushed into the wet coating, ensuring no voids are left behind the tape. The floor matting should be applied over the floor area and pushed into the coating.
- Protects – To complete the waterproofing users should apply a second layer of Waterproof Coating to at least 1metre in height all over the shower walls, coating any taped areas and, if used, over the floor matting area This fully protects the background making the area ready to receive tiles within just 24 hours.
Debi Bailey, Brand Manager for Dunlop Adhesives, commented:
Our original shower kit has been extremely well received by both merchants and the end user. Over the last few years the popularity of wet rooms and walk in showers has increased and so we have adapted our product to ensure it continues to meet the needs of our customers. With the new and improved features, we are confident that our Shower Waterproofing Kit will continue to wow builders’ merchants and their customers.