Repairs can be a point of frustration for homeowners and tradesmen alike – waiting for walls to dry means work can take days to be completed. With this in mind, Dunlop, specialist manufacturer of adhesives, grouts, finishing and ancillary products, has developed Rapid Repair Mortar with Hydroloc™ It is an innovative new product for filling […]
Merchants can get ahead of the game with the Dunlop App
As new technologies continue to advance industry products, remaining on top of the game when it comes to product knowledge is becoming increasingly difficult for builders’ merchants. Debi Boulton, Brand Manager at Dunlop, explains how merchants can gain top-notch product knowledge for free and in no time at all by simply utilising the Dunlop App.
- Step one: Download Log into the App Store and search ‘Dunlop Adhesives’ then download the App for free
- Step two: Function The home page of the App will present you with two options – ‘Start A Project’ and ‘Find A Stockist’. Simply select the function your customer requires.
- Step three: Project The ‘Project’ function of the App offers four categories, each of which is served by its own scroll through menu. Here you can select whether the surface your customer is looking to tile is a wall or floor and from there you can chose the location of the area within the building, what background it has and finally the tile type that’s being installed.
- Step four: Recommendations After selecting your criteria, the App will suggest the best products for the project. Simply press the ‘Select’ button at the bottom of the screen and it will take you to the dimensions page.
- Step five: Calculate On the ‘Calculate’ page you can choose to enter either the exact scale or an approximation of the area to generate the ‘Adhesive Calculation’. You can then enter the dimensions for the ‘Grout Calculation’.
- Step six: Results In the final stage, the App will deliver an accurate evaluation of the quantities of adhesive and grout required for the project. As a finishing option, the App can draft an email of the results, which can be forwarded on to the customer.
Debi Boulton, Brand Manager at Dunlop, commented:
It is important for builders’ merchants to understand the type of product and quantity of product suitable for their customers – whether a tricky project, such as tanking a wet room or tiling over wood, or a straightforward tiling job. By using the Dunlop App, builders’ merchants will be able to suggest the correct products and the quantity required to their customers in a quick and effective way.
Our free and easy to use App, available on iPhones, iPads (iOS systems) and Androids, can quickly answer queries; the components of which can be selected from a wide list of variables. After establishing the criteria including surface type, location, background and tile type, the App will propose the suitable materials for a project. Merchants will also be able to enter the dimensions of the area that needs tiling and the App will calculate the quantities required.