The Glasgow based brewery is giving revellers the chance to win a year’s supply of its famed Disco Forklift Truck mango pale ale Glasgow-based Drygate Brewing Co is marking its biggest New Year’s Eve celebration to date, giving beer fans the chance to win a year’s supply of Disco Forklift Truck mango pale ale at […]
Spread some Christmas beer: Drygate encourages people to spend time together this festive season
The Glasgow-based restaurant and brewery is calling out for people to give the most valuable gift: their time
- Drygate is offering a unique voucher, which is only redeemed when two people place an order together, to encourage them to catch up over a beer
- The campaign launches in partnership with the Scottish Association for Mental Health’s (SAMH) pledge to donate profits to the charity’s projects
- The festive season is a lonely time for year for people, with one in six people feeling lonelier at Christmas than any other time of the year
- The launch is Drygate’s latest charity collaboration aimed at building connections in communities throughout Scotland
18th December 2019
This Christmas, Drygate Brewing Co, has said no to stocking fillers and is instead calling for people to give the gift of quality time spent connecting over a pint.
The Glasgow-based restaurant, bar and brewery has launched Christmas Presence, a voucher of two halves designed to be shared, with one half gifted to a friend and the other kept by the purchaser. Yet this unique voucher can only be redeemed when both halves are presented, ensuring that meaningful time spent with loved ones is the main element of this heartfelt gift.
Drygate is partnering with Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH) to donate all gift sale profits to help fund the charity’s projects in Glasgow and beyond at Christmas and throughout the year ahead.
Scotland is facing a loneliness epidemic with a staggering 106,000 Scots over 65 on their own this Christmas. Research from leading mental health charity Mind reveals that one in six people feel lonelier at Christmas than any other time of the year. Through the launch of “Christmas Presence”, Drygate hopes to help people reach out to the invisible sufferers who will be positively impacted by an hour or two of food, drink, meaningful human connection and good company.
Rob MacKay, Creative and Marketing Director at Drygate comments: “At Drygate, we believe in open doors, and creating an inclusive and welcoming environment.”
This new initiative is the latest charity project to come from Drygate’s Bearface Trust as it moves forward in its mission of making beer a power for good. This year has seen the launch of a reforestation beer to help offset the carbon of the burning Amazon rainforest, reward Movember fundraisers with a free pint and, most recently, launch #RizeUpUK, the official campaign beer for the voter registration campaign galvanising young people to sign up to have their say in December’s general election. Last Christmas also saw Drygate open up its doors and provide Christmas lunch to the homeless population of Glasgow.
How to spread a little festive beer:
- Christmas Presence is available to purchase from 18th December 2019 from https://www.drygate.com/
- Both purchaser and recipient will receive their half of the voucher by email and must present at the bar. Each will receive a pint of Bearface Lager, Drygate’s flagship Scottish Pilsner OR a pint of Shred, their alcohol-free citrus pale ale OR a soft drink, and some delicious bar snacks.
- The voucher can be redeemed in the Drygate Brasserie and bar
- The voucher costs £10.00 and is valid until 29th February, 2020