Mexican quick-service chain, Chilango, has today announced it will extend its Burrito Bond 2TM bond offering into the new year. Launched in October, Chilango set out to raise £1million by 2 December. The initial target was surpassed in just over 24 hours. As of today, Chilango has raised over £2.3million from nearly, 400 investors. This […]
Dream makers: Mexican chain Chilango sets out to make dreams come true with ‘The Day of the Living’
Mexican quick service chain, Chilango, has announced it will be committing at least £10,000 into helping a lucky Brit achieve their lifetime ambition. In a nod to the Mexican holiday Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead, the London-based chain has launched The Day of the Living, a campaign that calls for Brits to share their wildest ambitions and goals, and, if lucky, Chilango will help turn them into a reality.
No ambition or dream is too modest or crazy. Chilango wants to hear from those who want to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, dive with sharks or those hoping to run a marathon and are in need of a trainer. If selected, Chilango will pull out all the stops to ensure the winner realises their ambition.
- The inaugural Day of the Living launches this Thursday, 15 November and will be held annually.
- Chilango is launching the activity with a vibrant, ornamented altar at London’s King’s Cross station where members of the public can share their written ambitions.
- Chilango will also be giving away hundreds of free burritos to at the altar at midday and 17:00.
- The public has until the 4th of December to submit their ambitions via The Day of the Living website
- Known for its free burrito giveaways when opening new restaurants, The Day of the Living continues Chilango’s tradition of goodwill.
- The idea of The Day of the Living was sparked after an overwhelmingly positive response from investors to Chilango’s latest bond offering, Burrito Bond 2TM that has seen the company raise nearly £2 million so far to help fund its expansion across the UK.
- Chilango also announced it will be looking to recruit a Dream Manager in the near future.
- Entries are being submitted from now until 4 December 2018 at: www.chilango.co.uk/day-of-the-living/
Co-CEO and Co-Founder of Chilango, Eric Partaker said:
“We’re on a mission to make the world a more vibrant place and there is no better way to do this than to help someone accomplish a lifetime dream. I’m most excited about seeing the smile on the winner’s face when we tell them we’re about to change their life. We hope to see some bold, out-there, and hilarious submissions over the next few weeks.”
“As we grow in size, we also want to grow in our generosity. The Day of the Living is going to be our annual celebration of living life to the fullest. We hope this inspires people across the country to never stop chasing their dreams.”
About Burrito Bond 2TM
Burrito Bond 2TM is Chilango’s bond offering. Investors in Burrito Bond 2TM will receive a gross interest of 8% per annum with the option to have their principal redeemed in full at the end of the 4-year term.
- The award-winning chain is offering a bond for the second time after doubling its £1m Crowdcube campaign target in 2014, closing at just over £2m.
- Over 700 investors, including high-profile executives from several of the world’s top food brands, backed the last unlisted corporate bond – the first in the world to be launched this way – to fund the company’s expansion into three new London restaurants. This time around several high-profile executives have invested once again including the former CEO of Domino’s Pizza UK, the former MD of Itsu, and the former VP of Marketing for McDonald’s UK.
- Burrito Bond 2 investors will support the chain’s continued growth with its Birmingham restaurant to open within the next few months, followed by additional sites planned in London
- Bondholders will also enjoy a range of benefits beginning at the minimum investment of £500
- Every investor will receive a voucher for two free burritos and a £10 promo code for a free burrito delivered via Uber Eats.
- Those investing £1,500 will receive a Chilango Gift Card loaded with 5 delicious meals and those investing £2,500 a Gift Card loaded with 10 delicious meals.
- For all investments of £5,000 or higher Uber Eats will offer free delivery (i.e. delivery fee will be waived) of unlimited Chilango orders for the lifetime of the bond.
- Those investing between £5,000 and £10,000 will also qualify for the ‘Chilango Green Card’, entitling them to a free guacamole on one meal per transaction during the lifetime of the Bond
- Those investing £10,000 or more – 100 investors did just that four years ago – will also qualify for the ‘Chilango Black Card’, entitling them to a free burrito every week for the lifetime of the Bond
- Burrito Bond 2 also debuts a completely new referral program meant to inject some vibrancy into people’s lives, including rewards such as a private flavour event with the former Senior Development Chef of the Fat Duck, an all-expense paid trip to Day of the Dead in Mexico, and Spanish language instruction from some of the world’s most accomplished language instructors and an array of thrill-seeking activities such as skydiving, motor-racing, speed-boating, abseiling, bungee jumping, and ice climbing.
- Chilango is marketing the Burrito Bond 2 via a dedicated website: www.chilango.co.uk/burritobond
Risk Warning: please consider the risks before investing. Chilango Burrito Bonds are long-term investments, placing your capital at risk. Your returns are not guaranteed, and you may not receive back all of your original investment.
Founded in 2007 by two former Skype colleagues, Eric Partaker and Dan Houghton, Chilango’s estate currently includes 11 restaurants based out of London and most recently, Manchester. On a mission to make the world a more vibrant place, Chilango adds flavour to people’s lives, serving fresh, bold and creative Mexican meals to over 25,000 hungry customers every-day.