The Cheese Advent Calendar is finally in the USA!
British food blogger Annem Hobson, creator of So Wrong It’s Nom is finally launching her highly anticipated Cheese Advent Calendar in the United States. After its wildly successful debut across the pond last holiday season – garnering celeb shout-outs and nailing a 48-hour viral streak on Facebook – Annem’s Cheese Advent Calendar is officially landing stateside.
A cheesy alternative to otherwise standard chocolate advent calendars, the Cheese Advent Calendar will be available to buy in 247 Super Target stores, nationwide from November.
After pitching the idea, the calendar was put into production with the help of Norseland in Somerset, UK; the innovative cheese specialists behind leading cheese brands, Jarlsberg®, Applewood®, Mexicana® and Ilchester®. Including 24 individually wrapped cheeses, the calendar has a unique ‘book style’ packaging design, allowing one half to be torn off after the initial 12 days of Christmas to maximize fridge space.
Annem comments, “Thousands of Americans have showed their continued support for my #CheeseNotChoc campaign. Over the past year, I’ve had countless Tweets and emails asking me to try my best to get the calendar to the US. I’m absolutely thrilled we’ve managed to make this dream come true. With every single cheesy invention I make, I want to bring the fans along the journey. Without them, none of this would be possible.”
The Cheese Advent Calendar costs $20 for 24 pieces of individually wrapped cheese. With 5 varieties available, including a limited edition flavor – the calendar includes:
• Jarlsberg® – Famous around the world for its distinctive sweet and nutty taste. Smooth, distinctive and rounded, it has a hint of sweetness and a unique flavor.
• Applewood® – A real English treasure. Applewood is made in the West Country from British cheddar and has a delicate smoky flavor, and a lovely smooth texture – all finished with a dusting of paprika for good measure.
• Ilchester® Mature Cheddar – Ilchester’s Cheddar comes from the West Country near where Cheddar originated in the Mendip Hills. Take a bite and let the creaminess melt into your mouth, with earthy tangy notes.
• Ilchester® Red Leicester Cheese – Smooth and Nutty! Add a splash of color to your cheese board with this traditional English cheese based on a classic Cheddar recipe.
• Ilchester® Wensleydale with cranberries – Traditionally made with a smooth and creamy gold award winning Wensleydale. It is creamy and smooth and perfectly paired with juicy sweet festive cranberries.
All cheeses are suitable for vegetarians. The advent calendar must be kept refrigerated. To be the first to hear when it goes on sale, and discover more information head to: www.cheeseadventcalendar.com
A behind the scenes, ‘making of the calendar’ video is here: https://youtu.be/qSI4XqYK4tU