BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Columbus calling: BrewDog announces USA brewery will launch in Ohio in 2016
Scottish brewery announces details of USA expansion plans
Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today formally announced its plans to open its North American headquarters and first production facility outside the UK in Canal Winchester, located in the Columbus Region of Ohio. The brewery was inundated with enquiries after it revealed preliminary plans for its USA expansion earlier this month, with the BrewDog Facebook page noting unprecedented shares of the story, reaching more than 150,000 people.
- BrewDog’s investment in the brewing facility in Columbus will total $30.4million, including the construction of a 100,000 square foot facility in Canal Winchester, to be completed by August 2016. The site will be the main brewing site for all BrewDog USA’s beer production, as well as boasting a restaurant, taproom and visitor centre.
- The launch of BrewDog USA will generate 125 jobs at the Canal Winchester site, and the brewery has announced that it is recruiting for some senior positions immediately.
- Applications for the role of CEO, BrewMaster, VP of Sales and CFO are welcome by emailing email@example.com, and prospective Brewers, Packaging Operators and Lab & Quality Managers are invited to get in contact via the same email address.
- The site in Ohio will initially serve the U.S. market with potential to export to other countries. It will produce more than 85,200 barrels in its first year of production, increasing capacity in years 2 and 3 until it reaches 852,000 barrels.
- Economic development partners in the project include JobsOhio, Columbus 2020 and the City of Canal Winchester.
- Columbus based, Triad Architects has been appointed to develop the design for the brewery and headquarters. Hiring for the brewery’s USA site will begin in 2016 and will include positions in production, sales and management.
The crowdfunding revolution
- BrewDog has announced that it will be funding the American expansion in part using finance raised via a U.S crowdfunding round; Equity for Punks USA. Last month it launched a landing page for more information about the scheme, which it hopes to open later this year. Interested potential investors can sign up for more information via brewdog.com/equityforpunksusa
- Equity for Punks has enabled the brewery to expand as quickly as it has done, and the fourth round of funding opened in Europe in April this year. In the first three weeks after launch, the brewery raised a world record-breaking £5million, a fifth of its £25million target. The amount raised broke the previous record set by BrewDog in 2013, when it raised £4.25 million (less costs) in just over six months.
- With the latest round of Equity for Punks, 526,316 shares in BrewDog have been made available, for a minimum investment of £95 for two shares.
- The capital raised from investors will be used to fund in particular the expansion of the BrewDog brewery and its international bar division, as well as launching new projects like a craft beer hotel, custom sour beer facility and a distillation plant.
James Watt, cofounder of BrewDog said:
“The people of Ohio have absolutely bowled us over with their enthusiasm, passion for beer and warm welcome! Their reaction has been incredible, it’s awesome to know we’ve made the right choice with where to lay the foundations for our American home, and we’ll be throwing one helluva party to thank the locals for their support! ”
James Watt continued:
“Our international expansion plans have always been ambitious, but our intentions stateside are probably up there with some of the most ambitious, bombastic, exciting ventures we’ve ever embarked upon. America has one of the world’s most eclectic, energetic beer scenes imaginable, and we’re psyched to be pledging allegiance to the craft beer revolution in the USA. Planet BrewDog just gained a continent.”
This press release is not a prospectus but an advertisement and investors should not subscribe for any transferable securities referred to in this advertisement except on the basis of information in the prospectus, including the risk factors, which should be read in full by investors before taking any investment decision as your capital will be at risk.
The prospectus is available free of charge from the offices of the company at Balmacassie Commercial Park, Ellon, Aberdeenshire, AB41 8BX, Scotland and on the BrewDog website and from the offices of RW Blears, the Company’s legal adviser at 125 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1AR.
This advertisement constitutes a financial promotion approved by Blears Limited (FCA number: 610217).