BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Two dogs, one stone: BrewDog launches import and distribution division, with exclusive supply deal with Stone Brewing Co.
BrewDog launches new division to supply UK with beers from international brewery network
BrewDog, Scotland’s largest independent brewery launches its new UK import and distribution division today and announces an exclusive deal to import beers from famed American craft brewer, Stone Brewing Co.
- From today, the new import and distribution division will provide full UK availability of Stone’s entire product range, including its iconic year-round release beers, Stone Go To IPA, Stone IPA Stone Ruination IPA and Arrogant Bastard Ale
- The San Diego brewery’s limited special release beers will also be available to UK customers throughout the year
- Trade customers can order via BrewDog’s current UK Direct Distribution service, and bottles via the BrewDog online shop
- The Stone range will be available to buy in bottles and will include keg beers for trade customers by April
- The new import and distribution arm continues the BrewDog mission to spread the craft beer revolution around the globe
- BrewDog is currently in discussions with several craft breweries in Europe and USA and will be announcing further import and distribution deals throughout 2015
More information on BrewDog’s new import and distribution division can be found at brewdog.com.
James Watt, cofounder of BrewDog commented:
“We have always been huge fans of Stone Brewing Co. and have been lucky enough to make some epic collaboration beers with them. They have always been an inspiration to us, having been frontline ambassadors of the craft beer revolution in the USA for almost 20 years. This partnership is a natural extension of the passion we share for getting people excited about craft beer and shaking up the status quo. With this new deal, the flourishing UK craft beer scene just got even more exciting.”
“We are already in talks with lots more awesome breweries from around the world, and have big plans to set up a global distribution network, supplying the UK with the best craft beers on the planet. We already source the most exciting craft beers for our own bars, and this new distribution division is the opportunity to take that to the next level.”
“We always strive to make other people as passionate about craft beer as we are. Not just from BrewDog , but from all great craft breweries. More people brewing, serving and drinking craft beer from a range of killer breweries can only be a good thing. Everything we do across our entire business, from our brewery to our bars, and now our new import and distribution division is a testament to that mission.”
Greg Koch, CEO and Co-founder of Stone Brewing Co. commented:
“In addition to being our craft beer compatriots, I count James and Martin as great friends and this new distribution agreement is a great opportunity for us to work together. The British beer scene is about to get an influx of our signature bold, flavourful and aggressively styled ales. With a team educated and passionate about craft beer, along with refrigeration through every step of the distribution process, we know the BrewDog team will deliver our beer to fans at the peak of freshness.”
Please see below to download the full press release and supporting high res images.