Gli amanti della birra artigianale possono ora comprare le azioni della stravagante birreria BrewDog nei bar di Firenze e Bologna. Chi l’ha detto che ai punk non interessa giocare in borsa? La birreria scozzese BrewDog lancia oggi un appello per reclutare armate di fan italiani della birra artigianale per unirsi al suo progetto di crowdfunding […]
BrewDog launches bid to bring shuffleboard to the Olympics for Tokyo 2020, and opens official training ground, ShuffleDog
BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’.
Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept bar, which houses three 22-foot custom-made shuffleboard tables, will act as the training ground for what the brewery hopes will be the newest Olympic sport come 2020.
The Game Of Kings
- To launch its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport, a team of shuffleboard fanatics took to the streets of Leeds to introduce the game to the public and recruit players. Complete with a flaming shuffleboard cue representing the Olympic torch in hand, the team gave shuffleboard master classes to passers-by and encouraged them to support their bid.
- The bar will host regular tournaments inviting shuffleboard enthusiasts to perfect their skills and get involved in some healthy competition. BrewDog has also asked its community to submit their design suggestions via Twitter for the first official Great Britain Shuffleboard Team uniform.
- In addition to three 22-foot shuffleboard tables, ShuffleDog will also have a range of pinball machines and board games. It will serve 35 beers on tap, including a range of BrewDog beers and guest beers from a selection of hand-picked international breweries such as Mikkeller, Ballast Point and Stone Brewing Co. The bar will host regular ‘Meet the Brewer’ events, with local and global breweries alike.
- The comprehensive food menu will offer sandwiches, burgers, hotdogs and ribs all week, and the new bar will also be open for breakfast at weekends, serving American style classics with a BrewDog twist, such as 5AM Red Ale-cured bacon with rye bread, and eggy bread with maple syrup.
Same Dog, New Tricks
- The new ShuffleDog concept bar is the latest new project from the brewery, which now operates 29 bars across the world. In addition to opening a flurry of classic BrewDog bars in the coming months, including Soho, Brighton, Rome, Brussels and Berlin, BrewDog plans to continue to diversify its range of sites with additional new concept bars and restaurants.
- BrewDog is converting a huge restaurant site on Essex Road, London into its first craft beer and hot dog restaurant, ‘Dog Eat Dog.’ The maverick brewery is also looking to open a ‘Dog House’ site in Glasgow, incorporating a full restaurant, BrewDog bar and BottleDog under one roof.
- In addition, the craft brewery will be opening its first coffee-shop/bar hybrid in Edinburgh with the launch of ‘The Newington Fix’, and is planning the world’s first craft beer hotel, ‘The Kennel’ near its brewery in Ellon, Aberdeen.
- Having launched its first bottle shop, BottleDog, in the Kings Cross area of London last year, BrewDog will be opening new bottle shops in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog commented:
“Shuffleboard should absolutely be represented at Tokyo 2020 Olympics, and we are on a mission to recruit an epic Great British Shuffleboard team. ShuffleDog Leeds will be the official training ground for discovering shuffleboard’s rising stars, and allowing them to hone their skills. It is the perfect sport for our great nation to excel in; it’s social, requires little to no athleticism and you can drink great beer while you train.”
“Henry VIII was a big fan of shuffleboard, and we think this game of kings is ready for a long overdue comeback. Play our pucks right, and the Great British Shuffleboard team could be the most successful sporting team this country has ever produced. If kite-surfing can make it onto the list for Rio 2016, it should be a cinch to get shuffleboard added for Tokyo 2020.”
“BrewDog has always looked to experiment and innovate, so we are really excited to be opening new concept bars such as ShuffleDog, which offer something new to beer fans. We have so many plans in the pipeline and each will deliver something slightly different, but championing great craft beer will always be at the heart of everything we do.”