BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Lucky for some: BrewDog opens thirteenth craft beer bar in Shepherd’s Bush
BrewDog opens third bar in the capital, and the brewery’s 13th bar since opening BrewDog Aberdeen three years ago.
BrewDog, Scotland’s largest independent brewery has today opened the doors of its thirteenth craft beer bar, located in Shepherd’s Bush. Situated at 15-19 Goldhawk Road, the new bar will boast 40 draught taps and will be the maverick brewery’s biggest and boldest venue yet.
Shepherd’s Bush is the third BrewDog bar to open in 2013, following the launch of BrewDog Leeds in March, and the brewery’s first international bar in Stockholm, which opened in the summer.
- BrewDog Shepherd’s Bush will not only showcase BrewDog’s core range and limited edition beers, but also serve around 20 guest draught beers from breweries all over the world, including Mikkeller, Kernel, Magic Rock, Beavertown, Buxton, and Green Flash.
- Regular ‘Beer School’ events and bottle clubs will be held at the bar for a chance for customers to discuss all things beer.
- BrewDog plans to open at least another five bars in the next six months, including international bars in Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and Berlin.
- The brewery recently announced record growth for the fifth consecutive year and is on track to turnover £19million in 2013.
- The brewery’s rapid growth is in part funded by its crowdfunding scheme Equity for Punks. A third round of this revolutionary scheme launched in June this year and raised £1million in 24 hours as craft beer fans clamoured to invest in the maverick brewery.
- The brewery has received over £3.7million worth of investment through the scheme and recently extended its £4m target by £250,000 to keep up with demand.
- More information on BrewDog Shepherd’s Bush and the other BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:
“BrewDog Shepherd’s Bush is a motherfucking cathedral for craft beer. It has the biggest range of beers that we’ve ever had in a single bar. Craft beer fans in West London have been crying out for a bar, and we’re psyched to be there. The new Shepherd’s Bush site, combined with our Camden and Shoreditch bars mean we’re officially taking over the capital, and we’ve definitely got our eye on South London next.”
“2013 has been an epic year for us, and the third round of Equity for Punks will give a huge boost to our expansion plans, allowing us to open more epic bars around the world, and spread the craft beer revolution even further. We’ve got monumental plans for 2014; watch this space.”
Read full press release below