BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Oi Brasil! BrewDog opens first South American bar in São Paulo, Brazil.
BrewDog São Paulo brings number of bars to 14.
Scottish brewery BrewDog, the UK’s fastest growing food and drinks brand has officially opened BrewDog São Paulo, its fourteenth craft beer bar and second international opening. Located in the Pinheiros District of São Paulo, the new bar will be the first opening of 2014, kicking off BrewDog’s aim to open eight new UK and international bars this year. Last year saw BrewDog open its first international bar in Stockholm, Sweden as well as a third London bar in Shepherd’s Bush.
- In the last five years, BrewDog has experienced an average of 285% annual growth, making it the fastest growing food and drink brand in the UK over the past three years*.
- BrewDog’s craft beer bar division has played a big part in that exceptional growth, with the brewery opening 13 bars in just over two years, including three locations in London.
- Hot on the heels of the São Paulo bar, the brewery is already looking at potential bar locations in cities across the globe, including Tokyo, Berlin, New Delhi, Rome and Brussels.
- With a capacity of 140, BrewDog São Paulo will feature 15 beers on tap, including WayDog, a Session Pale Ale made by Brazilian brewery Way Beer specially for the bar.
- BrewDog São Paulo will offer some creative beer infused hot dogs using a BrewDog Paradox reduction. Also on the menu will be paninis and a specially crafted Brazilian Cheese plate, with cheeses specially chosen to match the beers on offer.
- 2013 saw BrewDog raise £4.25 million in a record six months in the third round of its pioneering crowdfunding scheme Equity for Punks.
- It also opened its state-of-the-art brewery in Ellon, Aberdeenshire that saw its production capacity increase from 25,000HL to 250,000HL per annum.
- In 2014, BrewDog will be opening a string of off licences in the UK, starting with BottleDog King’s Cross, London this spring.
- More information on BrewDog São Paulo and the other BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:
“Brazil is currently the world’s third largest consumer and producer of beer, so this move was a no brainer for us. There’s an unquenchable thirst for quality beer in the country, and the demand for BrewDog has been growing steadily ever since we started exporting there. São Paulo is a vibrant city that has always embraced the new and the alternative, and now its legions of craft beer fanatics have a new temple.”
James Watt continued:
“We want to make people as passionate about beer as we are, and that doesn’t stop in the United Kingdom. We already export to 42 international markets and the growth of our bar division will narrow the distance between us and our international fans. Our bars are more than just outlets – they are hot spots of the craft beer movement, showcasing the best beers the world has to offer. We have stuck the flag of the craft beer revolution in the soil of one of the biggest cities in the world and we’re not going to stop there.”