BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
People Power: BrewDog reports record growth for 2013 and expands management team
BrewDog announces record growth in 2013 and is creating 50 new jobs in the next six months.
The UK’s fastest growing food and drink brand*, BrewDog has today announced a fifth consecutive year of record growth in 2013 and is on track to turnover £19million, up from £10.8m in 2012. To support its continued growth, the craft brewer is looking to expand its management team with a number of positions being available from today. Amidst a beer industry in decline, BrewDog has continually bucked the trend, combining domestic growth with international expansion, opening its first non-UK bar in Stockholm earlier this year.
- BrewDog currently employing over 200 staff across its network of bars and offices, and plans to create more than 50 new jobs in the next 6 months including key management positions.
- It is currently advertising for a Head of Sales, UK On-Trade Account Manager and UK Off-Trade Account Manager.
- Visit the BrewDog blog for full details of job roles.
- In addition to its recruitment drive, BrewDog is also unveiling a new £5million expansion of its Ellon brewery later this month.
- The company also plans to open nine new bars in the next six months, including five UK sites, and international bars in Sao Paulo, New Delhi and Berlin.
- The brewery’s rapid growth is in part funded by its crowdfunding scheme ‘Equity for Punks’.
- A third round of this revolutionary scheme launched in June this year and raised £1million in 24 hours as craft beer fans clamoured to invest in the maverick brewery.
- Having raised £3.6million in less than four months, BrewDog is likely to reach its £4million target way ahead of its January 2014 deadline.
- *Named Fastest Growing Food and Drinks Company in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 2012.
James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog commented:
“The media says the beer market is in decline, but it’s just being redefined. Sales of craft beer are growing and will continue to grow, demonstrating the global thirst for beer with real soul. The craft beer revolution has exploded from its niche starting point to an international movement.”
“In 2007, BrewDog consisted of two humans and a dog. We are growing. Fast. We’re looking for some beer maniacs who are as passionate about great craft beer as we are to join the team. Our success is a direct result of the awesome team of misfits we have built over the past few years and we invest a great deal of time into ensuring we get the right man, woman or dog for the job. If you live and breathe craft beer and like to shake shit up we want to hear from you.”
“The third round of Equity for Punks will give a huge boost to our expansion plans and allow us to spread the craft beer revolution even further. Our Equity Punks are the cornerstone of everything we do and its great to share our growth with them. It’s their passion for great beer which has put us where we are now, and we want to put them at the heart of the operation.”
The full press release is available for download below.