BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Make it two: BrewDog opens second Swedish bar in Gothenburg
Sweden gets its second BrewDog bar as BrewDog Gothenburg opens its doors
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog has officially opened BrewDog Gothenburg, its second craft beer bar in Sweden and 17th worldwide. Situated at Kungsgatan 10, 411 19 Gothenburg, the new bar is BrewDog’s fourth bar launch of 2014, following openings in São Paulo, Tokyo and Sheffield. The brewery opened its first Swedish bar in Stockholm last May.
- BrewDog Gothenburg has capacity for 100 people and an additional 20 in a separate tasting room.
- The bar will feature 18 beers on tap. As tradition Gothenburg will not only showcase the brewery’s own beers, but also the best craft beers from breweries all over the world
- Guest craft beers include: Brekeriet, Beerbibliotek, Mikkeller, To Øl, Poppels, Coronado, Omnipollo, CAP, Ballast Point and Brew By Numbers to name a few.
- Regular events such as ‘Meet the Brewer’, and brew sessions will be held at the bar for customers to learn about and discuss craft beer.
- Hearty rustic Swedish cuisine will be on offer in the bar, a speciality of the head chef, Magnus “Honken” Holmqvist.
- In the last five years, BrewDog has experienced an average of 285% annual growth, making it the fastest growing food and drink brand in the UK over the past three years*.
- BrewDog’s has opened 17 bars in four years, including three locations in London.
- The brewery is already planning bar locations in cities across the globe, including Florence, Bologna, Rome, Dundee and Berlin.
- BrewDog aims to open eight more bars worldwide this year as well as opening more in its series of ‘BottleDog’ locations (The brewery opened its first off-licence under this name in London last month.)
- Last year the brewery raised £4.25 million in a record six months in the third round of its pioneering crowdfunding scheme Equity for Punks.
- 2013 saw BrewDog launch its state-of-the-art brewery in Ellon, Aberdeenshire. The new brewery increased production capacity from 25,000HL to 250,000HL per annum.
- More information on BrewDog Gothenburg and the other BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.
*Named Fastest Growing Food and Drinks company in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 2013
BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:
“We received such a positive reception when we opened the Stockholm bar last year that we thought our Swedish friends deserved another epic BrewDog bar. The craft beer revolution is in full swing in the country and Gothenburg is an awesome city, full of beer aficionados. We’re thrilled to be opening the doors to BrewDog Gothenburg.”
James Watt continued:
“The growth of our international division confirms that the desire and thirst for good beer knows no boundaries. We’re immensely proud to be setting up BrewDog bars in countries like Sweden that have a vibrant and growing craft beer scene, as well as places like Brazil where demand is huge but relatively new.”
Select below to download the full press release and hi res images.