BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Craft Beer Renaissance: BrewDog opens Florence bar
BrewDog Florence is the first of three Italian bars planned this year
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog officially opens the doors to BrewDog Florence on Thursday 26th June, its first craft beer bar in Italy and 19th worldwide. Situated at Via Faenza 21r, Firenze 50123, the new bar is BrewDog’s fourth international bar launch of 2014, following openings in São Paulo, Tokyo and Gothenburg. The brewery plans to open bars in Rome and Bologna later this year.
- BrewDog Florence has capacity for 70 people over two floors.
- The bar is housed in an historical building once owned by the famous Medici family during the Renaissance Age.
- The bar will feature 12 beers on tap, as well as BrewDog’s Hopinator, a device that infuses extra hops and flavours to beers at the point of serve.
- Florence will also showcase the best craft beers from breweries in Italy and all over the world, including Brewfist, Menaresta, Toccalmatto, Rogue, Mikkeller, and The Kernel to name a few.
- BrewDog Florence will feature live music on weekends from local and international underground bands.
- The food on offer will be American diner style, including an eclectic selection of traditional recipes from Italy, UK, Japan, Mexico and Greece.
- Regular beer tastings with brewers and bloggers will also be held at the bar.
- In the last five years, BrewDog has experienced an average of 285% annual growth, making it the fastest growing food and drinks company in the UK over the past three years*.
- BrewDog’s bar division has played a big part in that exceptional growth, with the brewery opening 19 bars in four years. Last week, the brewery opened its fourth bar in its native Scotland, with the launch of BrewDog Dundee.
- The brewery is already looking at bar locations in cities across the globe, including Rome, Bologna, Helsinki and Berlin.This year, BrewDog aims to open eight more bars worldwide as well as opening more in its series of ‘BottleDog’ locations. The brewery opened its first off-licence under this name in London in April.
- More information on BrewDog Florence and the other BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.
*Named Fastest Growing Food and Drinks company in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 2013
BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:
“Italy is currently through a craft beer renaissance. Although generally more famed for its winemaking than its brewing, there are now over 500 microbreweries in the country. We have seen a huge surge in demand for our beers from Italian drinkers via our online store, so we felt it was only right to shorten the distance between Italian craft beer fans and the beer they so crave by opening a bar there. What better city than the birthplace of the Italian renaissance itself- Florence.”
James Watt continued:
“We see Italy as an important part of our international growth, which is why we are looking to open two more bars in the country before the year is out. The craft beer scene is still relatively new, but shows massive potential and is expanding at an incredible rate, and we hope we can play a role in its development and influence.”
Select below to download the full press release and hi res images.