BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Hoppy Christmas: Own a part of a brewery this Christmas
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, and Britain’s fastest growing food & drinks brand BrewDog is offering the ultimate Christmas gift this year with the chance to buy yourself or a loved one shares in the company.
As part of it’s pioneering crowdfunding scheme dubbed Equity for Punks, beer lovers across the UK can own a part of BrewDog with £95 buying a share in the company. The investment is one that keeps on giving with Equity for Punk shareholders getting lifetime discounts at BrewDog craft beer bars and online shop.
- The FSA accredited Equity for Punks scheme allows anyone to buy shares in the craft brewery online at the click of a mouse.
- BrewDog has achieved an average annual growth of 167 per cent over the past five years and the company is valued at over three times the value it was given during the last Equity for Punks scheme in 2011.
- The current round of Equity for Punks has raised £3.7m so far
- The extra funds raised will further boost the expansion of BrewDog’s bar division both domestically and abroad, as well as fund a new series of bottle shops across the UK designed to cater for a growing demand for craft beer.
- BrewDog launched its latest crowdfunding initiative on Thursday 20th June in idiosyncratic style, driving a tank around the Bank of England with an army of craft beer fans in tow. The Scottish brewery smashed all previous crowdfunding records by selling £1m of shares in the first 24 hours of the punk offering, as beer fans scrambled to buy equity in the business.
- The company’s award-winning beers are stocked nationally in all major supermarkets and BrewDog already exports to 38 international markets. Its biggest success in the past year has been the growth of its bar division, opening 12 bars since 2010 – largely funded by Equity for Punks investment – including its first international location in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Equity for Punks is the only share sale in the UK to allow anybody to purchase part of a company via a simple ecommerce website.
- The concept was devised to allow craft beer fans to steer the revolution themselves and help to shape a BrewDog operation that continues to buck the industry trend to grow dramatically at home and abroad.
- Investors will be consulted on new products, new bar locations and perform an active role in building on the business’ formidable growth.
- With every share, investors will also be given a lifetime 5 per cent discount in BrewDog bars and up to a 20 per cent discount on BrewDog’s online shop depending on how much they invest. Investors are also invited to the BrewDog AGM, which this year saw thousands of existing Equity for Punks investors share in their love of BrewDog with a day of beer tastings and live music.
- Shares are available to buy now at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
BrewDog has also released two limited edition seasonal beers, which make perfect stocking fillers for any craft beer fan.
- Santa Paws is a 4.5% decadent scotch ale brewed with Scottish heather honey. This robust malty, beer is packed with flavour and is perfect with Christmas pudding or whilst playing Pictionary with your gran.
- Hoppy Christmas is a 7.2% single hope IPA, with an awesome bitter hit with a perfectly balanced malt backbone. Perfect with turkey and all the trimmings!
- These limited edition beers are available at http://www.brewdog.com/shop/