BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
BrewDog organises ‘world’s smallest protest’ to change 300 year-old legislation
BrewDog, the maverick independent brewery, is conducting the world’s smallest protest – consisting of a four-foot five-inch dwarf – in order to kick-start a revolution of Britain’s licensing laws and legalise the two thirds of a pint measure.
- BrewDog hired a dwarf to protest at Parliament Square
- The protest supports the introduction of a two thirds of a pint measure in UK bars
- Draught beers are currently only legally served in third, half and full pint measures
- New measure will encourage responsible drinking
- The National Weights and Measures Laboratory (NWML) recommended the introduction of the measure
- Since the election, the proposed legislation has gathered dust
- BrewDog believes the measure is ‘the perfect size’ for artisanal craft ales
Download the full press release and high resolution images below.
Photo @ paulclarke.com