BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
DogTap: BrewDog opens tap-room in Ellon Brewery
DogTap will serve the freshest BrewDog beers straight from the brewery
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog officially opens the doors to DogTap on Thursday, 10th July. DogTap is the brewery’s on-site tap-room at its headquarters in Ellon, Aberdeenshire and BrewDog’s 15th bar in the UK. The opening brings the worldwide bar count to 20. The new bar is BrewDog’s seventh bar launch in 2014, following openings in São Paulo, Tokyo, Sheffield, Gothenburg, Dundee and Florence.
DogTap comes as a result of BrewDog’s £5m expansion of its HQ offices and brewery. The expansion also sees the creation of a visitor centre and a 10HL pilot brewing system for recipe development and interactive brewing.
- The bar will have ten BrewDog beers on tap as well as BrewDog’s Hopinator, a device that infuses extra hops and flavours to beers at the point of dispense.
- DogTap will also incorporate a BottleDog (BrewDog’s bottle shop concept), where customers can buy BrewDog beers fresh off the bottling line.
- DogTap’s food offering will come courtesy of BrewDog’s collaboration with Pieminister, featuring bespoke pies made with BrewDog’s Punk IPA and 5am Saint beers.
- DogTap will be open from 12-9pm, seven days a week with on site parking available.
- The visitor centre will operate brewery tours on a booking system. Visitors will need to email email@example.com to book a brewery tour or beer tasting session.
- In the last five years, BrewDog has experienced an average annual growth of 285%, making it the fastest growing food and drinks company in the UK over the past three years*.
- BrewDog’s bar division has played a big part in that exceptional growth, with the brewery opening 20 bars in four years.
- Last month, the brewery opened its fourth bar in its native Scotland, with the launch of BrewDog Dundee.
- Hot on the heels of DogTap, the brewery is already looking at a second bar location in Glasgow as well as in Brighton, Liverpool and Cardiff. Outside of the UK, BrewDog has plans for bars in Rome, Bologna, Helsinki and Berlin.
- This year, BrewDog aims to open seven more bars worldwide as well as opening more in its series of ‘BottleDog’ locations. The brewery opened its first off-licence with this concept in London in April.
- Last year the brewery raised £4.25 million in a record six months in the third round of its pioneering crowdfunding scheme Equity for Punks. 2013 also saw BrewDog launch its state-of-the-art brewery in Ellon, Aberdeenshire. The new brewery increased production capacity from 25,000HL to 250,000HL per annum.
- More information on DogTap and the other BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:
“Our strategy has always been to try to shorten the distance as much as possible between ourselves and the people who drink our beers; DogTap brings this philosophy full circle. Our brewery is the beating heart of BrewDog, and the launch of DogTap will allow people to visit us and enjoy the freshest BrewDog beers on the planet.”
“We always champion beer education in everything we do, from diagrams of the brewing process in our bars to collaborating with thousands on social media to develop concepts for new beers. The visitor centre is a further step in our commitment to education and transparency.”