BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Brewers’ Dozen: BrewDog hosts world’s biggest brewer collaboration as celebration of UK craft beer scene
BrewDog to unveil 12 limited edition collaboration beers brewed with 11 other craft breweries from all over the UK
Scotland’s largest independent brewery and UK craft beer pioneer, BrewDog is hosting a nationwide craft beer festival on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th October, unveiling 12 unique collaboration brews made with the best craft beer breweries from around the country in the biggest project of its kind. Brewery collaboration is a cornerstone of the craft beer scene and ‘Collab Fest’ is designed to showcase the burgeoning breweries redefining beer in the UK, such as Lovibonds, Beavertown, and Cromarty Brewing Co.
- Teams from each of BrewDog’s 11 bars were tasked with joining forces with a local craft brewery to create a limited edition collaboration beer. BrewDog bar staff worked directly with their partner brewery on every aspect of the process from selecting ingredients, to bottling and naming the signature brew.
- BrewDog also invited representatives from each of the eleven partner breweries to visit its state-of-the-art brewery in Ellon, Aberdeen and to all collaborate on one unique brew.
- This very special 12th beer will be a 5.2% ABV rye pale ale, made with 12 different hops selected by each of the brewers involved.
- All 12 limited edition beers will be tapped simultaneously during the weekend-long festival and served in every UK BrewDog bar while stocks last.
- Each bar will also be hosting a ‘Meet the Brewer’ event with its Collab Fest partner brewery.
- BrewDog’s previous collaboration exploits include beers brewed with iconic craft breweries Three Floyds, Mikkeller, Brodie’s, Stone, Lost Abbey, Evil Twin, and Ballast Point.
- Its most recent international collaboration beer was ‘Shipwrecker Circus’, an American style barley wine created with Colorado’s Oskar Blues, launched earlier this week.
The full list of partner breweries and beers are:
- BrewDog Aberdeen & Cromarty Brewing Co. – Black Rocker
- BrewDog Birmingham & Lovibonds – Happy Ending
- BrewDog Bristol & Arbor Ales – Pirate Badger Attack
- BrewDog Camden & Weird Beard Brew Co. – Camden BearD
- BrewDog Edinburgh & Tempest Brewing Co – Marmalade on Toast
- BrewDog Glasgow & Fyne Ales – 48 Miles Later
- BrewDog Leeds & Hand Drawn Monkey Brewing Co. – Jephers the big Red Dog
- BrewDog Manchester & Quantum Brewing Co – Raspberry Beret
- BrewDog Newcastle & The Durham Brewery – Raucous Rubus
- BrewDog Nottingham & Buxton Brewery – The Black Pale of the 7 ‘C’s
- BrewDog Shoreditch & Beavertown Brewery – Dark Matter
James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog commented:
“Collab Fest is an epic project to bring together some of the greatest brewers from around the country. The craft beer revolution has secured bolt holes in every major town and city in the country and this is our opportunity to showcase and celebrate the work of these exciting maniacs, misfits and mavens redefining beer in the UK. This is an important snapshot of the rising tide of craft beer and a landmark for the British beer scene.”
“We’ve worked with our craft beer heroes from all over the globe, and when we started out in 2007 it would be impossible to find this many craft beer breweries to collaborate with in the UK. This is the first time so many collaborations have been unveiled by one brewery at one time anywhere in the world and is testament to the growing demand for craft beer from the British public.”
“Never before has a collaboration brew of this scale been attempted, and this epic 12th beer is an almighty mash up of ideas from the most creative breweries in the country. Each of the 11 brewers brings something different to the table and with their unique input and expertise this mammoth beer will be awesome.”
The full press release is available for download below.