BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
BrewDog opens first bar in Wales with the launch of Cardiff bar
Scottish brewery opens 21st bar worldwide, with launch of BrewDog Cardiff
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog will officially open its first bar in Wales tomorrow, with the launch of BrewDog Cardiff. Located at 31 Westgate Street, CF10 1DX, the new bar will be the 16th UK bar opened by the maverick brewery, and its 21st worldwide. The new bar is BrewDog’s eighth bar launch in 2014, following openings in São Paulo, Tokyo, Sheffield, Gothenburg, Dundee, Florence and a tap room at its headquarters in Ellon, Aberdeenshire.
- BrewDog Cardiff has capacity for 120 people over two floors.
- The bar will feature 30 beers on tap.
- As is traditional in all BrewDog bars, Cardiff will not only showcase the brewery’s own beers, but also offer craft beers from some of the best breweries from around the world.
- Regular events such as ‘Meet the Brewer’, and brew sessions will be held at the bar for customers to learn about and discuss all things beer.
- The bar will carry BrewDog’s latest food menu: a selection of burgers made with toppings infused with BrewDog beer, as well as hotdogs and potato tots.
- In the last five years, BrewDog has experienced an average annual growth of 285%, making it the fastest growing food and drinks company in the UK*. BrewDog’s bar division has played a big part in that exceptional growth, with the brewery opening 21 bars in four years.
- This month the brewery opened its fifth bar in its native Scotland, with the launch of DogTap, its on-site tap room at its Ellon HQ.
- Hot on the heels of BrewDog Cardiff, the brewery is already looking at a second bar location in Glasgow as well as in Clapham, Brighton and Liverpool.
- Further afield, BrewDog also has plans to launch bars in Rome, Bologna, Helsinki and Berlin.
- In April, BrewDog opened its first off-licence ‘BottleDog’ in Kings Cross, London and the brewery plans to open a series of additional locations this year.
- Last year the brewery raised £4.25 million in a record six months in the third round of its pioneering crowdfunding scheme Equity for Punks. 2013 also saw BrewDog launch its state-of-the-art brewery in Ellon, Aberdeenshire. The new brewery increased production capacity from 25,000HL to 250,000HL per annum.
- More information on BrewDog Cardiff and the other BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:
“The Cardiff bar has been a long time coming and we’re glad to finally be setting up shop at the heart of the Welsh capital. The wait is over for Cardiffians who have been crying out for a bar ever since we launched our first bar in Aberdeen back in 2010. The craft beer scene in Wales has blown up over the last few years, and we are proud to now be part of that.”
“We want BrewDog Cardiff to serve as a beacon for the growing legion of craft beer enthusiasts in Cardiff and the rest of Wales. We will be there to quench the thirsts of those who seek out good beer and to introduce the uninitiated to the pleasure of drinking a beer made with passion.”