BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
‘BrewDog Presents’ launches in Glasgow with music, beer and whiskey extravaganza on March 1st
BrewDog to host music event at Glasgow’s SWG3 on March 1st
Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog is to host a special all-day music, beer and whiskey event at Glasgow’s SWG3 Warehouse venue on Saturday March 1st. ‘BrewDog Presents’ will host world-class breweries and performers in a celebration of the very best UK beer and music scene. The event is the first in a planned series of nationwide events this year.
- Beer fans will get the chance to meet some of their brewing heroes between noon and 6pm, with BrewDog, Tempest, Beavertown, Magic Rock and Brew By Numbers hosting Meet the Brewer talks.
- The evening session will see live performances from established favourites Washington Irving and Miaoux Miaoux, as well as up-and-coming acts The Shiverin’ Sheiks, The New Picaddillies, and the New York Brass Band.
- In addition to a custom built bar serving craft beers from the featured breweries all day, there will also be an American whiskey bar curated by Buffalo Trace. Street food vendors Scoop and So La Ti Dough will be serving food throughout the day.
- Tickets are available from £5 at Tickets Scotland with full day tickets available for £20 (including £10 BrewBucks), or gig-only tickets available for £5.
- SWG3 is located at 100 Eastvale Place, Glasgow, G3 8QG.
- For more info visit the BrewDog Blog
BrewDog Co-Founder, James Watt commented:
“Great music and great beer should go hand in hand, but too often music fans have to endure drinking warm, yellow lager in plastic cups while enjoying their favourite band. ‘BrewDog Presents’ is about showing you don’t need to choose between excellent beer and music. The venue is awesome, we’ve got some amazing UK breweries discussing all things craft beer, plus we have some truly epic bands performing.”
The full press release and imagery are available for download below.