BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
The 27 Club: BrewDog opens new bar in Leicester bringing total count to 27
BrewDog opens craft beer hub in Leicester as craft beer revolution continues to thrive
- BrewDog, Scotland’s largest independent brewery claimed another milestone in the craft beer revolution today with the launch of BrewDog Leicester.
- Located at 8 Friar Lane, Leicester, LE1 5RA, the new bar is the brewery’s 19th UK site and brings the total global bar count to 27.
- BrewDog Leicester is the second bar to be launched by the maverick brewery this year, following the launch of BrewDog Barcelona in February.
- Located just a stone’s throw away from King Richard III’s resting place, BrewDog Leicester will feature a curved bar and cinema-style draft board, as well as vintage arcade games and pinball machines.
- The bar has capacity for 170 people and will serve 20 beers on tap as well as a comprehensive menu including rye bread sandwiches, burgers, hotdogs and ribs.
- The new bar will also be the first BrewDog bar to open for breakfast at weekends, serving American style classics with a BrewDog twist, such as 5AM Red Ale cured bacon with rye bread, and eggy bread with maple syrup.
- As is traditional in every BrewDog bar, the brewery will give a nod to its host city, serving a selection of craft beers from the local area, as well as renowned breweries from around the world.
- Regular tasting and “Meet the Brewer” events will also be held in the bar in a purpose built tasting room, allowing customers the chance to meet some of the most innovative brewers from the UK and around the world.
- More information on BrewDog Leicester and the other BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:“Leicester is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city and we’re thrilled to be finally setting up a BrewDog home there. The craft beer fans in Leicester have been crying out for a BrewDog bar for years and we’ve responded with a truly outstanding craft beer hub. With BrewDog bars in Nottingham and Birmingham, and now Leicester, we have well and truly put our stamp on the Midlands.”
“We want this bar to serve as an inspiration to microbrewers, home brewers and craft beer drinkers in the region. The passion for great craft beer has taken firm roots in the symbolic heart of England and continues to thrive.”
“The craft beer revolution is far from over. It grows stronger by the day, building an awesome global community that celebrates quality and diversity, and unites against those insipid, tasteless monolithic liquids disgracefully labelled ‘beer.’ Vive le Revolution!