BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
Ciao, BrewDog: Italian craft beer revolution rolls on as BrewDog opens new bar in Bologna
Italy gets second craft beer mecca with launch of BrewDog Bologna
BrewDog, Scotland’s largest independent brewery continues its mission to take the craft beer revolution global with the launch of BrewDog Bologna today. Located on San Valentino 2F, 40122 Bologna, the new bar will provide a centre point for the craft beer scene in the city, offering some of the world’s most sought after beers from all over the globe. Home to Europe’s oldest university, the city is famed for its lively music and art scene and is a hotbed for creative thinking in the country.
- Located in an atmospheric old dance school in one of the city’s most vibrant districts, BrewDog Bologna has capacity for 100 people and will feature 16 beers on tap from renowned breweries spread all over the world.
- The bar will follow the now iconic BrewDog bar style – renowned for its stripped back and relaxed atmosphere that ensures the beer is at the heart of every experience.
- The interior will also feature unique design elements created by Bolognese artists and the bar will serve gourmet sandwiches, cheese and meat platters, and vegetarian and vegan options designed to complement the eclectic range of beers.
- BrewDog intends to use the bar as a hotbed for the burgeoning craft beer revolution in Italy, providing regular ‘Meet the brewer’ events that will give customers face time with some of the most creative brewers the world has to offer.
- BrewDog staff will also provide brew sessions and beer schools for customers looking to learn more about craft beer, its ingredients and the brewing process.
- The new Bologna bar is BrewDog’s eleventh bar launch this year alone.
- Earlier this month, the iconoclastic brewery launched BrewDog Liverpool, which opened its doors hot on the heels of beer ‘cathedrals’ in São Paulo, Tokyo, Sheffield, Gothenburg, Dundee, Florence, Cardiff, Ellon, and Clapham Junction, London – all launched in 2014.
- Further adding to its portfolio of bars, BrewDog plans to expand its international division into Barcelona and Helsinki before Christmas.
James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog commented:
“Italy has welcomed BrewDog with open arms, and its craft beer fans are some of the most passionate we have ever encountered, so we wanted to build a cathedral for craft beer in Bologna and that’s what we’ve done. The city has art in its DNA and has always been a natural home for nonconformists and creatives, meaning it’s no surprise that demand for craft beer is rising.”
“The craft beer scene in Italy may still be relatively new, but there is a growing and unquenchable thirst for great beer. Our new bar will act as a beacon for amazing craft beer in the country and, alongside our bar in Florence, will continue to redefine beer in Italy.”
“The new site in Bologna is a symbol of the changing tide of the drinks industry in Italy, which is mirrored around the world. We want everyone to be as passionate about craft beer as we are, and our bars act as the frontline of the craft beer revolution; where people can not only buy great beer but also learn more about what makes craft beer different and get under the skin of the artistry and ingredients involved.”
See below to download a selection of high resolution images.