BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
BrewDog and Honest Burgers join forces to create The BrewBurger
Limited edition burger will require customers to show ID before ordering
Two of Britain’s most exciting and fastest growing food and drinks brands have combined to create a mouth-watering British burger infused with the finest craft beer. The BrewBurger, available at all Honest Burgers restaurants from the 3rd March, will contain enough craft beer that customers will be required to show identification to order the delicious dish.
- The brainchild of BrewDog Co-Founder James Watt and Honest Burgers Co-founder Tom Barton, the limited edition BrewBurger is a 150g aged beef patty with Comté cheese and bacon candied with BrewDog’s iconic amber ale, 5AM Saint.
- The BrewBurger is topped with beef dripping and beer fried onions using BrewDog’s flagship Punk IPA and a BBQ reduction made from BrewDog’s Paradox cask-aged Imperial Stout.
- BrewDog have developed an accompanying bottled beer named Bourbon Baby to complement the taste notes of the innovative BrewBurger.
- The specially brewed Bourbon Baby is a barrel aged baby scotch ale with notes of spice and brown sugar designed to bring out the complex sweetness of the burger.
- BrewBurger and Bourbon Baby craft beer will be served as a package (£15) at all Honest Burgers restaurants from the 3rd March until the 2nd April 2014 and at BrewDog venues across the country on selected dates.
- For more information on the BrewBurger and where you can get your hands on one visit www.BrewDog.com or www.HonestBurgers.co.uk
BrewDog Co-Founder, James Watt commented:
“The BrewBurger brings together the best of BrewDog and Honest Burgers. Our businesses are both built on passion and innovation, so it’s awesome to be working together. Pairing beers with food has become an art form in the craft beer movement, and this project has become a unique challenge as hints of some of our most well-known beers were already present in the burger. This meant the pairing for the BrewBurger demanded something totally new and distinctive that worked with such a complex creation, and that was precisely our approach in creating Bourbon Baby. It’s also the first time a burger has come with an ABV, which is pretty cool.”
Honest Burgers Co-Founder and Head Chef Tom Barton said:
“I’ve always admired BrewDog so when the opportunity came up we jumped at the chance to be involved. Using the craft beer itself as a starting point we were able to bring out the most prominent and complimentary flavours in the burger. We’re really proud of the result, a delicious burger with a genuine ABV is not something you tend to come across every day.”
The full press release and hi-resolution imagery are available for download below.