BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
BottleDog: BrewDog opens craft beer mecca with first bottle shop in London
BottleDog will stock over 250 craft beers and offer homebrewing equipment and advice to craft beer fans.
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog is officially opening BottleDog, its first craft beer bottle shop this Friday. Located at 69 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8TP, BottleDog is the first in a series of bottle shops the brewery is planning to open in 2014.
- Stocking over 250 different beers, as well as hosting four beers on tap, BottleDog is aiming to be the central hub for beer aficionados in London.
- Customers will also be able to fill up takeaway flasks, known as growlers, from the taps on site to take draft beer home.
- BrewDog’s BottleDog will also cater for the ever-increasing number of homebrewers in the capital by offering homebrewing equipment, as well as brewing essentials such as wet yeast, malt and hops.
- Staff will be on hand to dispense advice and help for homebrewers and craft beer enthusiasts alike.
- All BottleDog employees will be Cicerone trained, ensuring the highest standards in beer knowledge and expertise.
- Similar to BrewDog’s 16 bars across the world, BottleDog will also host the brewery’s famed Beer School and tasting sessions, in addition to homebrew classes. BottleDog will also hold regular Meet the Brewer events with local London breweries.
- The shop has a seating capacity for 20-25 persons.
- BottleDog will be open Monday to Friday between 12noon and 9pm, and Saturday 12 noon until 8pm.
- More information on BottleDog and BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.
James Watt, BrewDog co founder said:
“BottleDog will have the most extensive craft beer selection you can get your hands on in London, with epic beers from all over the world. We’ve worked hard to create an atmosphere that fosters knowledge sharing and champions the next generation of craft brewers. Our Grays Inn Road site is the first in a series of bottle shops we’re planning, and we are psyched to see how London’s burgeoning craft beer scene takes to it!”
“BottleDog is a continuation of our commitment to bringing great beer to as many people as possible. The concept is simple yet revolutionary; we want to create a space where both beer enthusiasts and newcomers alike can congregate to explore and discover amazing craft beer. Whether you have a question about the properties of a specific type of hop, want bottled inspiration for your next homebrew or just want to find out what the hell the difference between a lager and an ale is, BottleDog is the place for you.”
Mark Hislop, Manager of BottleDog added:
“I’m really excited about the range of beer we’re going to be able to offer. We’ll have the traditional styles from Belgium and Germany, alongside the best contemporary brewers in Europe and America and amazing local beers from London’s ever-expanding craft brewing scene. We’ll also be hunting down rare brews and offering customers exclusive beers they won’t be able to find anywhere else. It’s a tough job but someone has got to do it.”
The full press release and images are available for download below.