BrewDog plans to recruit army of shuffleboard ‘Olympians’ at new bar, ‘ShuffleDog’. Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog today launches its bid to have shuffleboard added as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020, as it opens the doors to the first ShuffleDog in Leeds. Located at Crispin Lofts, New York Road, Leeds, LS2 7PF, the new concept […]
The BrewDog report: BrewDog releases 2013 financial figures reporting 70% increase in annual turnover and 383% increase in profits
BrewDog announces 2013 financial figures
The UK’s fastest growing food and drink brand*, BrewDog has today released its 2013 financial figures reporting an annual turnover of £18,043,000, up 70% on 2012.
- The Scottish brewery which now employs over 300 people reported a net profit of over £2.3m, up 383% on 2012 in its recently released audited accounts.
- After launching its new brewery in Ellon, Aberdeenshire in January 2013, which increased its production capacity from 25,000HL to 250,000HL per annum, BrewDog is currently undergoing a £4m expansion of the brewery to meet increased demand. The expansion is due to be completed by August 2014 and will include a new visitor centre and tap room.
- 2013 saw BrewDog launch three new bars, including its first international bar in Stockholm.
- This year the brewery has already launched four new bars in Sheffield, Tokyo, Sao Paulo and Gothenburg bringing the worldwide bar count to 17.
- The brewery will launch a further seven bars this year including Dundee, Clapham, Liverpool and Rome.
- In April 2014 the brewery also launched its first in a series of off-licence shops, called BottleDog in London’s Kings Cross, and has confirmed a further four UK retail sites to be opened before the end of the year.
- BrewDog’s growth is in part funded by its crowdfunding scheme ‘Equity for Punks’ which completed its third round in 2013 raising £4.25m in less than six months. Beer fans clamoured to buy shares in the brewery, which has experienced an average of 285% annual growth over the past five years.
- On 21st June BrewDog will hold its legendary AGM, open to all of its shareholders and their guests. The day starts with a presentation to announce new beers and business updates followed by beer tastings and live music.
- Over 4,000 people have already confirmed their attendance.
- To read the full BrewDog financial report for 2013 visit www.equitypunks.com
- More information on BrewDog can be found at brewdog.com.
*Named Fastest Growing Food and Drinks company in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 2013 QUOTATIONS BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:
“2013 was a brilliant year for us and our financial results show that. We launched our new state-of-the-art brewery part funded by Equity Punks, opened three more awesome bars including our first international bar, and welcomed 8,000 new Equity for Punks to our business. While tired pubs are facing closure and big breweries are reporting disappointing sales, the craft beer revolution has never been stronger and our continued growth shows just how much the UK beer scene is changing. And we are determined to change it much, much more”. “We’ve come a long way since we were just two guys and a dog selling beer out of the back of a beat-up van, but the passion driving the business has never changed. We still just want to make other people as excited about great beer as we are.”
“This is a hugely exciting time for BrewDog. With bars opening up all over the globe, and our plans for more BottleDog shops, the sky really is the limit. Our brewery expansion will help us keep up with demand as the insatiable thirst for craft beer grows.”
“We could never be where we are today without our awesome Equity Punks, and we are thrilled to be sharing our growth with our 14,691 shareholders. Our success is their success. They have put their trust and invested their hard earned cash in us, and we want to continue to build the business to ensure we repay their loyalty.”
Select below to download the full press release and hi res images.