A quarter of a million people have signed-up for Bloom.fm, the groundbreaking iPhone music app, in just six months since launch, the company has announced. The streaming music service’s affordable subscription plans have proved a hit with consumers, many of whom believe existing services are too expensive. In a recent survey, 84 per cent of people […]
So fresh and so clean: Bloom.fm helps users Spring clean their music collection and discover fresh tracks
Bloom.fm have launched new ‘Spring clean’ features to help users de-clutter their lives and make it easier to bring all their music collections together and discover fresh talent.
- The app can now be used to instantly replicate CD collections on their mobile.
- Users can scan the barcodes of their CDs and the tracks can be instantly added to their Bloom.fm library.
- The app already imports songs purchased through iTunes into the Bloom.fm mobile library so users can play all their music from one place.
- Bloom.fm’s discovery tool allows users to find similar artists to those they already like.
- Bloom.fm have also added a new UK Top 100 streaming radio station and dedicated page of new releases.
- Users can now read Wikipedia biographies for hundreds of thousands of artists directly from the Bloom.fm artist pages.
- A recent survey by the British Phonographic Industry found that CD sales had fallen by nearly 20% in 2012 while digital sales rose by 14.8% showing the shift in consumer habit.
- Recent news that high street music chain HMV may be saved from administration by a £50m deal shows there is still an interest in high street music retail.
Tum Nguyen, Chief Technical Officer of Bloom.fm commented:
“CD’s often end up being thrown away or boxed up during the annual Spring clean. Music collections are the soundtrack to your life; we didn’t want to see these musical memories lost so we’ve made it easy to take them with you on your phone. It’s frustrating when your music collection isn’t in one place, so we’ve made it simple to combine your CD collection and digital music with the songs you’ve borrowed from Bloom.fm’s library.“
“Our discovery tools make it easy to find new artists you’ll love. Bloom.fm introduces you to new bands and new releases, and with the artist biographies you can instantly find out more about your musical finds, and impress your friends with your musical knowledge.”