A quarter of a million people have signed-up for Bloom.fm, the groundbreaking iPhone music app, in just six months since launch, the company has announced. The streaming music service’s affordable subscription plans have proved a hit with consumers, many of whom believe existing services are too expensive. In a recent survey, 84 per cent of people […]
Bloom.fm: providing the soundtrack to your workout
2013’s must-have music app helps users shift the post-Christmas pounds with expertly picked tracks to accompany any gym session.
Game-changing new mobile music service Bloom.fm combines free radio stations, on-demand streaming and music discovery. If that wasn’t enough, they are helping users embrace the ‘New Year, New You’ challenge, by providing fitness enthusiasts (or not as the case may be) with some auditory treats to get you in the mood.
- Bloom.fm’s in-house musicologists have compiled what they consider to be the definitive soundtrack for your workout.
- With four radios; ‘Alt Gym’, ‘Yoga’, ‘Running’ and ‘Workout’, whether you do your reps to Rihanna or bench press to Beyonce you can rest assured the dreaded health–kick will be that little bit easier.
- With reports suggesting that 60% of gym memberships go unused in the wake of the January fitness buzz*, Bloom.fm’s specially tailored playlists look set to ensure that there’s no post-Christmas come down for those who want to get fit in the New Year.
- Music has the capacity to energise and increase endurance by enhancing your mood, and focusing on your favourite song combats demotivating brain signals associated with fatigue*. The right tunes can be a great aid for those of us who still need a little encouragement to get ourselves moving, and with Bloom.fm’s ready-made gym playlists you can save the hard work until you get there.
- The lovingly-crafted app has been created specifically for a small touch screen, so it’s beautiful, easy, fun to use, and perfect for the pocket of your joggers. Just tap ‘Genres’ > ‘Gym’ and select the playlist that best suits your workout, it’s as easy as that.
Alex Blanchflower , Bloom.fm’s Musicologist commented:
“What better way to help people shake off their Yule time indulgence than by providing gym goers with the perfect selection of tunes for their workout. We hope Bloom.fm’s gym radios will make it easy for people to stay on track with their new year’s resolutions. Music is a key motivational factor in exercise, and the relentless generic techno blasted out over the gym airwaves is all too often an interference rather than inspiration.”
- A free app with a library of over 16 million tracks, legally licensed from leading major and independent record labels. Enjoy your favourite music with over 150 free genre based radio stations, covering all tastes from Pop to Metal, and free ‘related artist’ radios.
- A unique ‘borrow, enjoy, return’ system with flexible bolt-on subscriptions that let users download and store music on their phone to play whenever and wherever they want, on and offline.
- Intuitive and stuffed with beautiful design touches that make it a joy to use. Apple fans will especially appreciate the nod to the classic iPod scroller in Bloom.fm’s Radio Wheel. A trademarked discovery interface with a clever algorithm effortlessly introduces you to artists you’ll love.
- No fuss – borrow albums with one tap. Your library is automatically organized and you can create your own playlists. Seamlessly integrates with your existing iTunes library, keeping all your music in one place and making it easy to find more of the music you like.
- Easily share what you’re listening to on Facebook and Twitter or send tracks directly to Bloom.fm users by email, GPS and QR code.