Blippable gym card injects motivation into flagging workouts via interactive content Your Gym and Blippar are motivating gym-goers via an innovative augmented reality membership card. Forward thinking and customer focused, Your Gym always looks to embrace new technologies and recognised there were new opportunities in the digital age to motivate gym-goers in a more creative […]
Blippar updates app to make augmented reality experience more social via integration with Facebook and Twitter
More than 3M Blippar users on Android, iOS, and BlackBerry will also benefit from a more intuitive user interface, a comprehensive in-app catalogue, and enhanced backend technology
Blippar, the leading image-recognition platform for brands, advertisers and publishers, today launched an updated version of their app, Blippar 1.5, incorporating a host of new features. Available for Android, iOS, and BlackBerry Z10, the upgrade features a stunning user experience, identical across all platforms; seamless social sharing capabilities via integration with Facebook and Twitter; and powerful new back-end technologies such as enhanced 3D modeling capabilities, jitter-free performance, and auto-rotation effects to provide a richer interactive experience. A refreshed in-app catalogue rounds out the offerings, allowing users to browse other blippable images and see which ones are trending.
New features will include:
- Sleek UI across all platforms: Blippar’s user interface is optimized for device, and the design will now be identical on iOS, Android and Blackberry. The app will also be released on the Windows platform in Q4.
- Seamless social sharing: Blippar users are able to log in to Facebook and Twitter through the app. Users can now “like” or “comment” on blipps via Facebook, as well as share links to their favorite blipps on their Facebook profile page or via Twitter.
- Refreshed in-app catalogue: Users can discover and browse live blipps in the new catalogue section of the app. Additionally, the new upgrade will detect user location and recommend nearby blipps.
- Powerful best-in-class technology: With Blippar’s enhanced technology, brands and advertisers will soon benefit from even more sophisticated blipps. New campaigns will be able to utilize enhanced 3D modeling with special effects; improved video play and audio tracking; faster load time; new effects and gestures like auto-rotation effects, jitter-free performance, fixed-screen control, and swipe gesture; embedded accelerometer capabilities, and more.
- Detailed user analytics: Version 1.5 will enable advanced tracking capabilities and user analytics. Now, brands and advertisers will gain deeper insights on their target audience, allowing them to deliver more tailored and relevant experiences through Blippar.
Blippar links the physical and digital worlds via compelling augmented reality campaigns. Consumers simply download the free Blippar app, open it up, and hold up their device over a ‘blippable’ image to unlock exclusive content. Blippar works with brands, advertisers, and publishers to craft engaging campaigns that are on-brand, actionable and deliver a ‘wow’ factor. From enabling users to virtually try-on or buy products, snap their photo with a celebrity, or play a customized game, Blippar can trigger anything a phone can do.
Ambarish Mitra, CEO of Blippar said
“Blippar leads the way in building unique and engaging visual discovery campaigns that delight both users and brands alike, and our new update really delivers on both. We’ve listened to the requests from our clients and feedback from users, and have added new features and improved existing ones such as 3D modeling, gestures, and accelerometer capabilities. With an enhanced look and feel, these updates provide a more engaging platform for brands and advertisers to communicate with their target audiences.”
See below to download the full press release