Blippable gym card injects motivation into flagging workouts via interactive content Your Gym and Blippar are motivating gym-goers via an innovative augmented reality membership card. Forward thinking and customer focused, Your Gym always looks to embrace new technologies and recognised there were new opportunities in the digital age to motivate gym-goers in a more creative […]
Campaign currency: $5 and $10 bills ‘unlocked’ for instantly interactive election content by Blippar.
Pioneering Blippar technology hijacks five and ten dollar bills with interactive content for Obama and Romney supporters.
As the US election race nears its climax, pioneering mobile image recognition technology has been used to ‘hijack’ all five and ten dollar bills, converting them into the biggest interactive polling mechanic ever constructed. The free Blippar visual discovery app has been used to turn everyday dollar bills into interactive supporter ‘engines’, with five-dollar bills providing an interactive experience for Obama supporters and ten-dollar bills doing the same for Romney fans.
- To unlock the content, anyone with a smartphone can simply ‘blipp’ them using the Blippar app.
- Once blipped, the bills immediately spring to life loading media rich content that appears to emerge from the note itself.
- Both bills contain an interactive poll to see who is favourite to win the race.
- The Obama campaign content includes a live link to the campaign’s grassroots fundraising page, exclusive Obama supporter rap track, a link to become an Obama campaign volunteer and an interactive game to take photos of people ‘high fiving’Obama himself.
- The Romney campaign reveals a campaign video as well as links to fundraising and volunteer pages and an interactive game allowing users to shake hands with the potential President.
- This is the first time a dollar bill has been ‘hijacked’ by any campaign.
- The project puts a higher number of ‘blipps’ into circulation than ever before.
- Blippar is based in London and New York, providing an innovative creative content platform that has turned ketchup bottles, cereal packets, shop windows, newspapers and magazines into live, media rich campaign experiences.
Jess Butcher, co-founder and CMO at Blippar commented:
“ There are more than three billion five and ten dollar bills circulating in the US at any one time; now, every last one of these has been turned into a campaigning tool, creating the world’s biggest ever polling machine. This is the first time anyone’s hijacked a national currency to deliver content to the people and it’s a great reflection of the potential this technology has for campaigning.”
“We will assess how many people are blipping the Obama and Romney bills, where they are when they blipp and how long they spend using the content, which should give us an enormous bank of polling data that could prove a reliable indicator of voting intentions.”
“The content should inspire users to share images reflecting their political support, taking the potential influence of the blipps onto Twitter and Facebook. Using Blippar visual discovery technology, we can do this with any consistent image or symbol, but this is easily the biggest hijack of an existing visual icon we’ve ever done. We’re already seeing thousands of blipps.”