Carnival Pool in Wokingham is running several new sessions throughout the week so children can enjoy making a splash in the pool and have fun whilst swimming.
1Life joins National Fitness Day to celebrate physical activity
On Friday 26th September 1Life centres around the UK will be taking part in National Fitness Day, providing free sessions for local communities to enjoy physical activity
- The free Power Half Hour exercise events being run at 32 of the leisure centres that 1Life operate* will be part of the largest celebration of physical activity the UK has ever seen
- Run by not-for-profit health body ukactive, National Fitness Day sees the health and active lifestyle community unite to raise awareness of the benefits of physical activity, inspire people to get active and make it easy and fun to try something new with free taster sessions
- The free Power Half Hour sessions will be available at 8am, 10am and 12pm and are open to anyone aged 16 and over
- To find the nearest venue to you visit the digital activity finder at www.nationalfitnessday.com or click on the website of your nearest 1Life leisure centre (www.1life.co.uk)
Commenting on 1Life’s involvement in this national activity day, Neil King, Managing Director of 1Life said:
This is a great opportunity for local people who want to try out their local 1Life centre to do it for free and get the chance to try a variety of different gym exercises in the half hour sessions. We want to encourage people of all backgrounds and abilities to join in and make this the start of getting more involved with activity. Supporting National Fitness Day really supports what 1Life is all about – encouraging local communities to get the most out of life.
David Stalker, CEO of ukactive and Director of National Fitness Day said”
We’re a nation that just sits down too much. There’s a multitude of reasons for that, but right at the top of the list are lack of accessible opportunities to exercise and lack of motivation. Getting fit can be daunting, especially when you’re just getting started. National Fitness Day is about removing the barriers by making physical activity enjoyable and open to anyone through free sessions, on their doorstep. If National Fitness Day can inspire people across the UK to move even just a little bit more, then we’re on our way to a happier, healthier nation.
* see list below for centres taking part:
Harpenden Sports Centre, Bourne Leisure Centre, London Colney Adventure World, Riverside Leisure Centre, Batchwood Golf Course & Sports Centre, 1Life at Sleaford, Willesden Sports Centre, Ponteland Leisure Centre, Perdiswell Leisure Centre, North Kesteven Centre, Downham Health & Leisure, Peterlee Leisure Centre, Parklands Leisure Centre – Okehampton, Worcester Swimming Pool, Carnival Pool Leisure, Seaham Leisure Centre, St Crispin’s Leisure Centre, Princess Royal Sports Arena, Loddon Valley Leisure, Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Great Dunmow Leisure Centre, Sleaford Leisure Centre, Lord Butler Fitness & Leisure Centre, Castle Sports Complex, Mountfitchet Romeera Leisure Centre, Grantham Meres Leisure Centre, Peele Leisure Centre, Deepings Leisure Centre, Dunstable Leisure Centre, Stamford Leisure Pool, Tiddenfoot Leisure Centre, Wyboston Lakes Health & Leisure Club