Carnival Pool in Wokingham is running several new sessions throughout the week so children can enjoy making a splash in the pool and have fun whilst swimming.
Harpers Fitness leisure centres offer free passes to celebrate Winter Olympic wins!
Harpers Fitness Leisure Centres are inviting members of the local community to claim a free day pass for each medal Team GB wins during the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- If Team GB wins any medal, Gold, Silver or Bronze, in any event on snow or ice, the following day local people will be able to claim a free one-day pass to use at their Harpers centre
- The first two medals have already been secured, as snowboarder Jenny Jones became Team GBs first medal winner on the snow in 90 years of the Winter Olympics
- Lizzie Yarnold followed, winning Gold on the ice skeleton race
- This year’s Winter Olympics are being held in Sochi in Russia from 7th – 23rd February
- There are 88 countries competing in 98 events in seven sports with an estimated 2,800 athletes taking part in the international multi-sport event
- To claim your free pass quote ‘Team GB’ at the reception of your local leisure centre on the day after Team GB win a medal
- For more information about the centres, please visit www.harpersfitness.co.uk
Kevin Yates, Head of Fitness at Leisure Connection, commented:
With 98 events taking place, we hope that Team GB comes home with an array of medals! We want to celebrate this by inviting people to come and try out our facilities and be inspired to take up a new sport.