Carnival Pool in Wokingham is running several new sessions throughout the week so children can enjoy making a splash in the pool and have fun whilst swimming.
£9.3 million capital injection for Leisure Connection
Leisure Connection, one of the leading providers of outsourced health, leisure and sport has today announced that it has been re-capitalised, with an injection of £9.3 million from its investors.
- The business currently operates more than 70 different health and leisure facilities from swimming pools and leisure centres to private clubs, national sport centres and hotel health clubs and spas
- The recapitalisation provides a strong and stable base for the company’s ambitious growth plans
- This news comes hot on the heels of some great usage figures
- Leisure Connection has been successful in increasing the number of people taking the plunge in its centres and has reported an 11.6% like for like increase in swimmers, in contrast to a recent study by Sport England, which showed a decrease in swimming numbers throughout the UK over the last four years
- The company has also seen year on year swimming lesson programme participation rise by 5.6%, with adult swimming classes up by 32.9%
- As well as getting communities more active the company has also been successful in reducing energy consumption by significant and continuing investment in energy saving initiatives
Confident in the growth potential, Julian Nicholls, chairman of Leisure Connection commented:
Leisure Connection has a strong market offering across the public sector and in the private sector. Our recent success is down to our engagement with local communities and the people we work with at a national and local level. The next 12 months are going to be very exciting for the business as we continue to enhance our market leading proposition and encourage even more people to get more active, more often in our facilities.