Batchwood Golf Course and Sports Centre has joined forces with Watling View School in St Albans, which supports children with a wide range of disabilities, and from 3rd November will host a six-week disability tennis programme for pupils at the school
A treat for future tennis stars at Batchwood Golf Course & Sports Centre
After its recent £6.6million renovation, Batchwood Golf Course and Sports Centre is launching a number of new tennis classes aimed at all ages, from two to ninety-two years old. The new programme of classes is aimed at capitalising on young local talent and public interest in the sport.
- With emphasis on the next generation of British tennis stars, Batchwood is continuing its work in taking players ‘from pram to pro’
- Tots Tennis is the first step for budding players
- The sessions provide an enjoyable learning experience by giving children up to four years old the chance to play on mini courts with slow foam balls
- The next step up is Junior Tennis, which is intended to prepare players aged three years and above for competitions and matches at school or club level
- These junior sessions prepares the young tennis player for a typical club environment with rankings and specific training drills to improve any weaknesses
- There is also an exciting programme of courses to suit adults of all ages and abilities split into four stages: beginner, lower intermediate, intermediate and higher intermediate..
- Outside of the tuition-based classes, Batchwood also offers adult pay and play sessions
- These provide an excellent opportunity for players to come down, have a game and see the new facility
- Batchwood Sports Centre is operaterd on behalf of St Albans City and District Council by 1Life
- It is one of the Lawn Tennis Association’s high performance tennis centres
- Classes are priced from £3.50 per session
- For more information and all classes available at Batchwood Golf Course and Sport centre please visit: http://www.1life.co.uk/st-albans-city-district-council/batchwood-golf-course-sports-centre/home/ or call 01727 844250
Alex Bedford, Contract Manager for Batchwood Golf and Sports Centre commented:
These programmes signify our commitment to the tennis legacy that Batchwood is so well known for. It’s really important that we continue to hone the great raw talent of Hertfordshire as we’ve done for so many successful years. The investment in the centre and our close working relationship with the Lawn Tennis Association can only be of benefit to the tennis community here in St. Albans.
Councillor Annie Brewster, Portfolio Holder for Sports, Leisure and Heritage, said:
This great programme of tennis courses serves all ages and abilities, from children to adults. Batchwood offers residents the whole range of opportunities including learning how to play tennis, improving your game or simply playing with friends and family. Come and enjoy the extensive facilities at this wonderful new sports centre which caters for everyone from beginners to our stars of the future.