Batchwood Golf Course and Sports Centre has joined forces with Watling View School in St Albans, which supports children with a wide range of disabilities, and from 3rd November will host a six-week disability tennis programme for pupils at the school
Summer fitness and fun at activity camps in St Albans!
Batchwood Sports Centre and Harpenden Sports Centre in St Albans will be hosting summer activity camps to encourage local children to get fit and healthy. The camps will provide hours of sports fun for children of all abilities and run for five weeks from 28th July to 5th September.
- The camps will be jam-packed with activities, including cricket, tennis and football, as well as arts and crafts
- The two sports centres have joined forces with Fit for Sport to launch the camps, which are aimed at keeping children active and healthy during the summer holidays
- Harpenden Sports Centre and Batchwood Sports Centres are both run by 1Life on behalf of St Albans City and District Council
- Parents can book their children on full-day, extended full-day or full-week sessions
- To book, please contact reception or visit http://www.1life.co.uk/about-1life/activity-camps/
Cllr Annie Brewster, Portfolio Holder for Sports, Leisure and Heritage, said:
These camps sound like great fun for children of all abilities with so many activities to try out. As well as learning new sports and creative skills this summer you can meet new friends and discover what opportunities our Sports Centres have on offer.
Alex Bedford, Contract Manager at the sport centres, commented:
We are very excited to be hosting the summer activity camps. We hope that young people from across the area will enjoy the activities we have planned and realise that sport can be both fun and good for you. We have introduced the camps at centres in St Albans and Harpenden following feedback from our customers, so we are looking forward to seeing the local community get involved with the activities for a fantastic summer of fun!